Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

Decided to give my torts abit more room, an seen as I wernt using the space above, this came about...

DSCF3017.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

All the bottom frame work will be hidden an turned into a cupboard, an there are 2 4ft Arcadia 12% T5 tubes on order!!

dont f**k around with the tubes,,,,,,,,,,,look in to MEGARAY LAMPS if you really want whats best for you reptiles

id get the 120 self ballast bulb ;)

thank me later

dont f**k around with the tubes,,,,,,,,,,,look in to MEGARAY LAMPS if you really want whats best for you reptiles

id get the 120 self ballast bulb ;)

thank me later

To be honest I had looked into combi bulbs but from what I've read they hardly seem to last, an seem abit of a waste of time considering the UVB output they actually give off. The only one worth thinking about seems to be the new Arcadia 100w/160w flood bulbs. Gonna hang on a month or so an then see how people rate the Arcadia bulbs then, first tests seem promising thou!

To be honest I had looked into combi bulbs but from what I've read they hardly seem to last, an seem abit of a waste of time considering the UVB output they actually give off. The only one worth thinking about seems to be the new Arcadia 100w/160w flood bulbs. Gonna hang on a month or so an then see how people rate the Arcadia bulbs then, first tests seem promising thou!

dude you could not be sooooo far off the mark...

the mega ray can last up to 4 years with still a decent ammount of uva and uvb.....its the bulb most zoos if not all use now.....you wont ever go back to tubes......i ran arcadias and zoo meds

got my self a uv wavelength reader and the mega ray produces more uvb and uva by loads and lasts 10 times longer

just look in to them on the internet ;)

But generaly speaking most multi bulbs are crap ive ran most of the decent ones..........and il NEVER use anything else than a good old mega ray

http://www.uvguide.co.uk/

and of course

http://www.megaray.co.uk/

ive got 90% of the people i know who breed reptiles using theese bulbs..

Edited by Dave Anscombe

• 3 weeks later...

Barry exploring his new plants, fired up as its all new to him so is a bit confused

IMG_0244.jpg

Stuck 2 different bromeliads in there, a ficus plant and bio active soil (mix of coco fibre, orchid bark, oaks leaves, tropical woodlice and springtails)

IMG_0238.jpg

Sat on a stick im going to be chopping and putting in, looking at his dinner. 4 crickets in less than 2 minutes, greedy sod

IMG_0252.jpg

Just chillin

IMG_0250.jpg

Edited by Si-man