Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this picture last time round, Escape proofing the russian side of the enclosure.

IMAG0268.jpg

Practically finished now, just got a few bits an pieces to stick inside now to make it abit more interesting for the torts.

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

Still need some grass in the leopards side too. The roofs are hinged an fitted with pond netting to stop birds an stuff getting in. I don't know if it will work as planned but I've fitted corrugated plastic to the unhinged part to see if it will act as a cold frame/green house. I think with the front being open it won't keep the heat in but its still a nice shelter for them to get out of the elements if it starts to rain.

Can see a big difference in their behavior being outdoors, there a lot more active an seem really alert somehow, I bring them in at night with the night temps being to temperamental at the minute, I'd rather know there safe indoors too until they have a proper outdoor shed to lock them in at night.

She turned 22 last month, but unfortunately took a turn for the worse last week and was put to sleep today, I am pretty devastated.

Awwww :(

She got to an awesome age ali, so sorry to hear she had to finally leave us. Dreading the day when mine eventually go :(

RIP ali's cat

friend has two cats. Heres some pics of them as kittens

Dylan

60272_1512804032785_1614930005_1256551_1537524_n.jpg

66666_1540631328450_1614930005_1313763_6814177_n.jpg

Dara

63302_1512809792929_1614930005_1256606_5882816_n.jpg

183826_1739286694710_1614930005_1686840_3103589_n.jpg

Shes abit obsessed with them. Theres probably about a hundred of them already, and they're only 1

149597_1584710550403_1614930005_1403983_6421534_n.jpg

Edited by PaRtZ

that was Kat.. she disappeared one night an was gone. RIP..

macaz.jpg

By stoneybear at 2011-03-21

And that was MICA first one to have youngones .. gone too.. seem to have bad luck wit cats :S

11042010049.jpg

young ones:

spa0200.jpg

spa0158y.jpg

By stoneybear at 2011-03-

She turned 22 last month, but unfortunately took a turn for the worse last week and was put to sleep today, I am pretty devastated.

really sorry to hear that ali...Kat was my first cat and she slept for 3 yrs every night in my room, then one day she didnt come back- i was pretty crushed too so i can relate...chin up!

Edited by Agram

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody heading to the IHS show at doncaster dome tomorow?

See you there if you are!

Tom, Ill be there, my OH has a stand selling some live plants and other bits and bobs, also going to be displaying a sample polyprop viv that Ive had made by someone I know. Can meet up for a swift pint if you want :)

Sorry I missed you ed, I had to come away quite early. Plus the heat in there was unbearable. Had a snoop round your viv too, looked smart!

I was soo close to buying a 2011 cb radiated tortoise. It suddenly hit me thou, £675 on a tortoise is far to much, lol. I really wanted to buy a Burmese brown tort from Chris too, but the adult size is rediculous, although it is a species I'd like to care for one day. So all in all I bought a large ET clamp lamp for £5 an a digi hydrometer for the humid hide I'll be making soon.

Torts are in there outdoor enclosure at the minute, the 2 leopards are enjoying it under the corugated plastic cover at the back. Temps under there are currently 39*c!!!

Sorry I missed you ed, I had to come away quite early. Plus the heat in there was unbearable. Had a snoop round your viv too, looked smart!

I was soo close to buying a 2011 cb radiated tortoise. It suddenly hit me thou, £675 on a tortoise is far to much, lol. I really wanted to buy a Burmese brown tort from Chris too, but the adult size is rediculous, although it is a species I'd like to care for one day. So all in all I bought a large ET clamp lamp for £5 an a digi hydrometer for the humid hide I'll be making soon.

Torts are in there outdoor enclosure at the minute, the 2 leopards are enjoying it under the corugated plastic cover at the back. Temps under there are currently 39*c!!!

Aye, we didnt get there till just gone 12, zero queue to get in though and I wasnt looking for anything to buy anyways :)

Dont know what the heat was in the room, Im guessing it was about 30°C though, I do know that the relative humidity in there was 68%!

The viv seemed to garner a fair amount of interest, hopefully it will pick up and will get some orders, it was a pity I couldnt plug it in, our extension lead was too short to reach; it looks so much better when its lit up :(

Good call on not buying expensive animals! We only came back with 2.1.0 spiny leaf insects, 0.0.2 fire newts, 0.1.0 striped corn and a load of springtails :)

I was soo close to taking a pair of Burmese browns but couldn't bring myself to do it. Not yet anyway, I'd love some when I move out thou.

Not suprised the viv got attention, it was very smart. I'm putting a demo tort table together at the minute to get some feedback from a LRS who display 2 of my tables already. I've got a few ideas for a viv too which I'd like to have a go at. Might even try a trade table at the next ihs if things carry on as promising as they have done.

I behaved myself with regards to livestock, in otherwords, I know I have no more room for animals :D

Still gutted it didnt have the lamp on at the show, also wish the GF would have turned it through 45° when setting up the table to people could actually see into it :(

To be fair your tort tables look amazing, reckon you could sell them well at the donny shows :)