Post A Picture Of Your Pets.

bigamac

Assuming its melamine, a viv for a boa shouldn't need any more sealing than a good bead of silicone smoothed into the corners and over any open edges. The only really need slightly higher than room humidity so shouldn't have any problems if you have decent quality wood/build. If you're using proper wood though then yeah, varnish it :)

I built a 5x2x1.5 for my female boa two years ago, should do her for life and is still in the condition I built it in.

• 2 weeks later...

I really miss my bearded dragons :( they were such good pets for a reptile. A pic i find really funny of my guinea pig "Pigachu" He's spoiled rotten he has run's set up all round my flat made from cardboard boxes and carpet tubes :D He's well clever too does tricks for treats. And he loves king size rizzla as you can see ^^

post-29824-0-11337700-1321115104_thumb.j

Same, as well as a cleaner shrimp, harlequin shrimp some clownfish (little bastards) mr super goby and the coolest fish in the world.... Meet Mr Mandarin!

Is he on acid? :blink:

My crabs are terrestrial hermits, four of them called Anne, Ian, Dave and Sue :)

Gave the crabs a bit more substrate, introduced a few thousand springtail custodians and got some photos :)

DSC_4331.JPG

DSC_4337.JPG

DSC_4339.JPG

DSC_4333.JPG

Also got a complete surprise shed from my boa constrictor, didn't even realise she was due to shed :$ The shed came off 99% complete, fortunately I caught it still moist so could unroll and hang it to dry complete, something akin to unrolling a 5 foot long used condom :D

DSC_4364.JPG

DSC_4365.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG

I can safely say that visiting your place would weird me the f**k out. In an interesting way, but yea. You have so many awesome pets - I had to be begged for 6 months just to get guinea pigs!

Meh, its just like visiting the reptile/exotics house at a zoo, was always my favourite part of zoos as a child :)

They do take up a lot of space, time and money but its a hobby and passion, I suppose like having a bike with no seat that costs a fortune >_<

If youre ever in the area, feel free to come and be weirded the f**k out :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I so want guinea pigs, two so they don't get lonely.

Yeah ideally i would have had two, but he was bought by someone else and couldn't look after him so i took him in. And don't seem to get on with others because he's been on his own. But that's why he's a house pig and he lives in the kitchen and i just close the door at night. He comes out in the day when someone is about so we try to be as social with him as possible. Hence why he thinks he's a human!