Why Do You Ride?

sideburns(dnt ask)

Easy Guys,

Basically as the title says, i'm looking for an insight it to why people like us do the sports we do.

What makes us go for sports higher up the risk scale that others.

I'm just looking for an insight as to why we push ourselves just that little bit further.

This isn't just for trials but about any sport you do which has a higher danger element than others.

Cheers for any input guys

Peace

I don't even ride for the sport anymore, trials isn't the same as what it used to be. I ride for the people. If i didn't have so many amazing mates i'd only see through trials, i wouldn't ride anymore.

Period.

Edited by Otacon

I don't even ride for the sport anymore, trials isn't the same as what it used to be. I ride for the people. If i didn't have so many amazing mates i'd only see through trials, i wouldn't ride anymore.

Period.

speaks the truth

But recently found that theres no point riding just to catch up with people so now i just dont ride

I'm much preferring motorbike trials at the moment, I get bored with bike trials now, on the motorbike I can do so much more and you can be much less precise and just play around.

Getting fed up of bike trials now, my bike keeps breaking, I'm really fat and out of shape now and it just doesn't seem as fun any more, I have to persuade myself that I want to go out and practice.

Hey Guys thanks for the replys and keep them comming (Y)

However i'm looking for more answers on the phycological side.

what give us the urge to constantly push the bonderies and our own personal limits to the extent we cause ourselves physical pain?

Again any input will be appreciated.

Peace

It gives me something to do. It's the only thing I have that I can totally focus on to keep my mind off of other things. It's good to just chill out and sesh something, hang out with mates, meet people etc.

I don't ride to get good, I just mess about on it. :)

I ride because it makes me happy, no matter what's going on in life, going out on the bike releases all of the pent up stress and energy. Its really rewarding to nail a new trick that you've been trying as well.

The "shittt I could get hurt" thing is just part of it and the fun I have whilst riding massively out weighs it.

I change between BMX and trials every once in a while, like I'll ride trials for a bit, get bored then ride BMX for a bit get bored and go back to trials. Its not really about getting better anymore because with the injuries and breaks I've had I'm no where near the standard I used to be, its just about having fun doing what I can do and if I get better in the process then thats cool too!

cos footballs boring for fags

i ride because i like beating my personal best sorta thing,

but mostly because everyone who owns a trials bike are absolute legends,

half the time i go to rides just for the social side.

Edited by Rob Brodie

I used to ride trials because it looked wicked sick. Then I just started loving the rides.

Then I bought a BMX so I can do sick 180s off curbs and manuals down the road outside my house. I also appear at rides occaisionally to represent the hungover members of TF and am infact quite unsociable.

I just enjoy messing around on 2 wheels, what else can I say but 'feels good, man'.