Brakeless Everywhere Nowadays

chimpanzyyyy

First part of the vid was awesome, despite the fact it broke the "don't steal songs from an already awesome video" rule :P

Everything just flowed so nicely, and going over those rocks at speed was pretty insane.

Second half was still impressive, but 'proper' trials didn't really lend itself to brakeless, looked well sketchy at some points and just was lacking fluidity imo (i know, i know back to my circus bike and my gay lines)

Shame they used the fisheye all the way through, too :(

Edited by Skoze

looked well sketchy at some points and just was lacking fluidity imo (i know, i know back to my circus bike and my gay lines)

The whole point of being brakeless is to have more flow and better control, so if you've got no flow, what's the point? Might as well just sling the brakes back on. The first guy had the right idea, and did some alright stuff, but again - why do hops 'n' stuff everywhere setting up for moves if you're brakeless? Just seems weird. Although, admitedly, not as weird as ending a guy's section on a trick he got nowhere near to pulling?

Don't get me wrong excellent riding (Y)

But the first part of the video seemed like a bmx video,

Moves,lines and riding but on a trials bike :blink:

Wouldn't he be better off with a Bmx? Just seems like trials is being blended in to more of a bmx sense of riding

In all fairness though the rock section of the video was more trials like, and more to my interests.

But all round great vid

First guy,

really good, I liked the part with the dog haha, also he did have flow but imo hes not really a trials rider just a good street rider who's got a back maggie mount.

really find it funny at how much he has to pedal on a fakie!!!!

Second guy,

I liked this more as it was more trials baced and the moves he did had control and smooth, however even as hard as it was its still tgs and did lack flow,

WTF!!!! was the song about, at the start it was okay but when it got onto the rocks what the hell happend there I dont even want to watch from 5mins onwards even when I muted it that noise

was stuck in my head!

other than that a great video showing two sides to brakeless.

however: rowan jones takes both of the above styles and uses them with style and flow :P

Edited by Seabasss

First guy,

really good, I liked the part with the dog haha, also he did have flow but imo hes not really a trials rider just a good street rider who's got a back maggie mount.

really find it funny at how much he has to pedal on a fakie!!!!

Second guy,

I liked this more as it was more trials baced and the moves he did had control and smooth, however even as hard as it was its still tgs and did lack flow,

WTF!!!! was the song about, at the start it was okay but when it got onto the rocks what the hell happend there I dont even want to watch from 5mins onwards even when I muted it that noise

was stuck in my head!

other than that a great video showing two sides to brakeless.

however: rowan jones takes both of the above styles and uses them with style and flow :P

I though I was riding trial when I was jumping on my back wheel

looks like I was wrong :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...