Observedtrials.net Hacked!

Canardweb

An international section would be good for the sales/wanted topics and rides/locations topics but the whole idea of a forum is to bring everyone together so separate chat sections and stuff would be a bit stupid really.

Who cares what the state of the US/UK governments are, we're here to talk about trials and general fun stuff not all this crap.

An international section would be good for the sales/wanted topics and rides/locations topics but the whole idea of a forum is to bring everyone together so separate chat sections and stuff would be a bit stupid really.

Who cares what the state of the US/UK governments are, we're here to talk about trials and general fun stuff not all this crap.

Well said (Y)

I don't think anyone here really cares about the location of members (and if its that much of an issue then they can feck off) but I can see the benefits of regional FS/WTD & locations forums. It'd be good to get an idea if theres any demand for these - if there is enough I'll add them.

I guess the .co.uk domain gives the impression that its UK only... but it's not, thats just the domain we got stuck with :P

Well said (Y)

I don't think anyone here really cares about the location of members (and if its that much of an issue then they can feck off) but I can see the benefits of regional FS/WTD & locations forums. It'd be good to get an idea if theres any demand for these - if there is enough I'll add them.

I guess the .co.uk domain gives the impression that its UK only... but it's not, thats just the domain we got stuck with :P

I vote yes!!!!!

it'd probly be better if otn and TF merged... the sport is so small, like whoever else before me said... its dumb to have separate forums when you could gear everyones input and info into one place

Each forum has a distinct feeling. I really like what OTN offers for the US riders and it is nice to check a different forum Like TF periodically.

I miss OTN. Keep them seperate.

Each forum has a distinct feeling. I really like what OTN offers for the US riders and it is nice to check a different forum Like TF periodically.

I miss OTN. Keep them seperate.

For me OTN has a much more homely feel. There may be way fewer members, but thats what makes it good.

Finally got tired of checking OTN to see if it was back up.

Came here to see if people were talking about it. Sure enough they were, along with a bunch of crap about politics... wft.

Then I get to Jon's post:

What will OTN dayz be without OTN?

:blink: (btw, this forum needs a :eek:)

I refuse to accept a world without OTN for the sole reason that OTN Dayz must continue!

But I don't know if I care enough for this forum to bother checking.

Nothing personal, I just don't have a whole lot of interest in trials beyond my friends from OTN at this point.

Guess I'll just keep waiting for it's return.

Most people who hack sites such as the DVLA, FBI etc rarely do it for malicious reasons, they do it to highlight security faults...and rightly so.

The guy who got thrown to USA from the UK after hacking into the US Army - he never did any damage, he did it to show that the security was weak. Although most people who go to prison for such offences get offered jobs with security firms anyway.

Although, OTN should have some back ups of everything so I imagine it'll be online again soon.

Most people who hack sites such as the DVLA, FBI etc rarely do it for malicious reasons, they do it to highlight security faults...and rightly so.

The guy who got thrown to USA from the UK after hacking into the US Army - he never did any damage, he did it to show that the security was weak. Although most people who go to prison for such offences get offered jobs with security firms anyway.

Although, OTN should have some back ups of everything so I imagine it'll be online again soon.

There definitely needs to be higher penalties for hackers. Long jail sentences, fines, etc. This stuff has to stop.

There definitely needs to be higher penalties for hackers. Long jail sentences, fines, etc. This stuff has to stop.

No, you can't look at it like that. Liek Anzo says, a lot of them do it for none malicious reasons. I think those ones should be let off or praised, so that newcomer hackers will think, "hmmm, naughty hacking and get hammered for it, or good boy hacking and become famous for it."

The malicious ones, like the wankers in the case of OTN need punishing far more ferociously if you ask me, and the "noble" hackers need to be bascially ignored. (Obviously the malicious/noble divide isn't absolute, so that'll be a case for the courts).

No, you can't look at it like that. Liek Anzo says, a lot of them do it for none malicious reasons. I think those ones should be let off or praised, so that newcomer hackers will think, "hmmm, naughty hacking and get hammered for it, or good boy hacking and become famous for it."

The malicious ones, like the wankers in the case of OTN need punishing far more ferociously if you ask me, and the "noble" hackers need to be bascially ignored. (Obviously the malicious/noble divide isn't absolute, so that'll be a case for the courts).

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, but I really don't know of any good hackers except fbi, etc. or geek squad.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, but I really don't know of any good hackers except fbi, etc. or geek squad.

Without rewriting the wheel, so to speak, here's what he's talking about Jordan. Follow links to black hats etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hat

We had a security assurance employee working at my building, both full time and his favorite hobby... scary stuff in the wrong hands, but a great tool when employed to test what's in place and make your defenses stronger. Anyway, check it out. Hope that helps a bit.