Marijuana

MMMM-JASON

anyone got an idea of how much in general someone could smoke daily before it had major negative effects on your ol thinker?

e.g. 10 bag a day for say 5 years i reckon would cause a major dent but guess theres no real way of knowing till youve actual done it like said above

anyone got an idea of how much in general someone could smoke daily before it had major negative effects on your ol thinker?

e.g. 10 bag a day for say 5 years i reckon would cause a major dent but guess theres no real way of knowing till youve actual done it like said above

lot less than that, i know lads who within a couple of years of starting proper (doin a 10 or 20 bag a day,but not every day)ended up with major mental health issues. But then I've got other mates who've blazed 2+ oz's a week most weeks for gettin onto 5 years, and there no different to us regular folk.

I think the whole deal with weed, as opposed to drinking (as some people go loopy off drink within a couple of months of starting, and do themselves real damage, I almost class myself in this category) but with weed as its not socially accepted, its never like your going to get a talk on responsible weed smoking, or your dealer cutting you off when your too stoned, like pubs have to if your too drunk. likewise theres no Blaze'aware campaigns, No one really knows what its doing to you, or noticing the onset of psychological issues related to smoking cannabis, so theres little chance of you being educated into stopping before you go too far or noticing that your mentally different, until its too late to go back to just smoking responsibly.

Yer that would roberbly f**k you up but you would end up smoking more becuse your body would become amune and you would have to smoke more to feel the same affect.

I got into that kind of state when i was at college all i would do is skive and get stoned. I'm glad that im not at college any more because it has gives me a break and i feal alot more fit giving up smoking also help I just have an occational smoke very now and again at the weekend and just have a good time.

Edit: DAM it to late

Edited by MMMM-JASON

Don't worry, you'll grow out of it and stop giving a shit if it's illegal or not.

As for it making you loopy, of the group of 4 of us who used to blaze an 8th a night - 1 had a severe panic attack, thought he was going to die and never touched it again, one got sectioned with paranoid schitzophrenia and was in a seriously bad way for about a year (he's never really been right since), I started to have panic attacks and got really introverted and it was just unpleasant so I dramatically cut right down to practically nothing and just enjoy it as a treat sometimes, and the other is in a band touring the world!

Edited by Jolfa

Don't worry, you'll grow out of it and stop giving a shit if it's illegal or not.

As for it making you loopy, of the group of 4 of us who used to blaze an 8th a night - 1 had a severe panic attack, thought he was going to die and never touched it again, one got sectioned with paranoid schitzophrenia and was in a seriously bad way for about a year (he's never really been right since), I started to have panic attacks and got really introverted and it was just unpleasant so I dramatically cut right down to practically nothing and just enjoy it as a treat sometimes, and the other is in a band touring the world!

how long of a period was that over out of interest?

Also to add another point here it is completely natural its probably been on this planet longer then humans in some form or another, yet it is ilegal to grow ( try telling mother nature that)

It has been used longer then alcohole has been around yet where alcohol was made legal so long ago it is publicly accepted as part of most peoples lifes and cultures. If they discovered / invented alcohole now there is not even the slightest chance it would ever be made legal as it really is bad. Look at the amount of alcohol realted deaths a year compaired to cannabis related there are bairly any cannabis alone realted deaths in a year, violence on a night out would be a lot lower as you just wouldnt be bothered, but instead pikeys get the testosterone flowing and feel the need to batter inocent people if they had had a few smokes they wouldn't do that.

Ps im sorry for my spelling spell checker doesnt work on my work pc.

2000yrs longer no less.

One of the major things which hasn't been brought up here is moving on to harder drugs. It does happen. Alot. People get hurt.

That is all I am going to say.

how long of a period was that over out of interest?

Started blazing (properly) in 2003, panic attack mate was 2004/5, schitzo mate was start of 2008, my panic attacks were end of 2008. We weren't smoking anywhere near that much after 2005, up to an 8th a week rather than every night.

Not sure about the whole 'gateway drug' thing, the same could be said of cigarettes - most who toke tried smoking fags looonnnng before weed, and I'm quite sure many people would try other drugs without weed, it just so happens that bud is the most readily available drug and almost everyone tries it at some point (usually relatively young)!

Edited by Jolfa

Of course they are...

:P

i dispise how much you shunt what you dont like in peoples faces.

your strike me as the sort of guy that would walk past me in town and complain about my smoking.

also drungs cant be that bad, these people seem to agree

glastonbury3.jpg

Edited by Davetrials

The laws the law. Regardless of how good your argument is, you or any person that lives in this country, take advantage of the free healthcare, decent policing, and a hell of alot handed to us on a plate. I know Britian can be a pretty crappy place at times but to be honest we get a pretty easy ride living in this country. I mean we moan about some shitty things really, anyone from a 3rd world country would just look at us and generalize us as snobs. Which i can totally understand. Everyone has a dig at the government all the time, but what they do actually give us is a pretty good damn lifestyle. And like i said, regardless of how good your argument is, you live in this country, and should abide by its laws. If you want to smoke a bit of weed, do it illegally, and accept the consequences, or go to somewhere you can smoke it legally. f**k off to a 3rd world country for a couple of years, then come back and complain about the things we have to 'put up with'. Its rather pathetic the things we manage to moan about sometimes...

/rant

The laws the law. Regardless of how good your argument is, you or any person that lives in this country, take advantage of the free healthcare, decent policing, and a hell of alot handed to us on a plate. I know Britian can be a pretty crappy place at times but to be honest we get a pretty easy ride living in this country. I mean we moan about some shitty things really, anyone from a 3rd world country would just look at us and generalize us as snobs. Which i can totally understand. Everyone has a dig at the government all the time, but what they do actually give us is a pretty good damn lifestyle. And like i said, regardless of how good your argument is, you live in this country, and should abide by its laws. If you want to smoke a bit of weed, do it illegally, and accept the consequences, or go to somewhere you can smoke it legally. f**k off to a 3rd world country for a couple of years, then come back and complain about the things we have to 'put up with'. Its rather pathetic the things we manage to moan about sometimes...

/rant

I think it's good to be critical about the various laws we come into contact with, regardless of how we might view them compared to the situations in other countries. To say "well we've got it better than other people so let's no longer be critical" makes us conservative and stuck. Although it's certainly true that other things probably need addressing ahead of cannabis, it may also be true, in the broader picture of things, that a more open minded and perhaps rational view toward cannabis may relate to healthier views toward other happenings in society. Being potentially irrational about any one thing in life basically means we have a greater capacity to be irrational about many other things. We can begin to change our irrationality anywhere in life, so why not with a more rational consideration to drugs that isn't so reflexive - "drugs are bad, mmmmm'kay?".