Films!?

ogre

Looking for a film:

Probably released around 2000. Thriller. Starts with a man on an operating table (I think) having his face transplanted or something? And there's some talk that the lab in which he's in has just finished sequencing all human genes which seems to be relevant to this man. I think the man later escapes and there's something strange about him or his face (could be that he lacks an identity since he's been engineered), or he has to wear a mask and he's chased by some scientists/army/police. It's definitely not "the man without a face" and not face off, I saw it in a theatre when I was around 12-15 years old.

Edited by Greetings

It's not vanilla sky? Tom cruise wears a mask for most of that.

Nah, not that. It's got elements of science fiction in it and starts in a high tech lab. At the beginning I'm sure there's some talk about human gene sequencing that's just been completed and this is relevant to the main character, then on the operating table. He later comes alive and flees but there's something very mysterious about him. It could also be that he's wearing a mask throughout the film which he shouldn't take off or doesn't want to (damn, that memory could be influenced by you mentioning Vanilla Sky :P).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen Man of Steel yet? Verdicts?

saw it (in the us :P )

was real good

I mean it's superman! not easy to make something out of this red and blue flyin homosexual

still it was good watch

a bit on the serious side ( I m more of a iron man fan)

but great action and decent story

• 1 month later...

Watched a number of films in the last few days, firstly Welcome To The Punch. Pretty good British action film maybe not quite up there with The Sweeney but not far off, bit of a slow starter but definitely picked up towards the end. I'm also a big fan of Mark Strong which helped!

Next up was Iron Man 3, not much to say other than I hope they make another sequel as this was superb. Easily one of the best movie franchises going as after 3 films I'm still left wanting more.

Then we had GI Joe: Retaliation, only really watched this as I'd seen the first one (and I grew up watching/playing with Action Force toys) and I was even more dissapointed than when I watched the original. It got slightly better towards the end but was generally a bit too daft and almost had nothing to do with the first film at all, didn't really help that barely any original actors and characters were in it and the fact that the ones that were are pretty much nothing like the originals from the comic except Snake Eyes.

After that I watched Olympus Has Fallen, if you want lots of death and action then I'd recommend this. Again a slowish starter but once it gets going it's a pretty good film, a good compromise with the ladies as it's got action for us and Gerard Butler for them.

Finally I watched Oblivion with Tom Cruise, completely forgot about this film and only remembered when I saw a poster for it in WHSmith yesterday. Really enjoyed this one, if you're into bleak, emotional, sci-fi stuff then you should watch it. Was a bonus as well as I steered clear of reading up on it beforehand so I genuinely didn't have a clue what to expect, I just knew it was set in the future with Tom Cruise in. Stunning to watch with a great soundtrack, good stuff!

EDIT: I've put the titles in bold so it's easier for people to pick them out.

Looking for a film:

Probably released around 2000. Thriller. Starts with a man on an operating table (I think) having his face transplanted or something? And there's some talk that the lab in which he's in has just finished sequencing all human genes which seems to be relevant to this man. I think the man later escapes and there's something strange about him or his face (could be that he lacks an identity since he's been engineered), or he has to wear a mask and he's chased by some scientists/army/police. It's definitely not "the man without a face" and not face off, I saw it in a theatre when I was around 12-15 years old.

dark man maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen Man of Steel yet? Verdicts?

The worst comic film I've ever seen (this includes green lantern)

It's dull, makes no sense and has terrible acting. Oh and some of the worst product placement since "omega"

The best thing about it was Kevin Costner as his dad - and he is in it for 5mins total probably.

The worst comic film I've ever seen (this includes green lantern)

It's dull, makes no sense and has terrible acting. Oh and some of the worst product placement since "omega"

The best thing about it was Kevin Costner as his dad - and he is in it for 5mins total probably.

slaaam

fast_punch.gif

Can anybody recommend me a good horror? Like something proper scary that physiologically messes with you head. Not really in to this kinda genre but I have a friend coming and she really likes scary movies but I know nothing so thought here would be the best place to ask as I have Googled horror films and well none of them seem scary? May just be me I dunno :P

Not sure what we wanna watch so open to all suggestions from an Italian splatter fest from the 80's to a weird ass Japanese film :P just it must be in English with no zombies as they are ridiculously boring ( shaun of the dead is an exception though ;) )

Thanks Adam

French film called Martyrs is pretty messed up.

Japanese version of "The Eye" is really good.

There's my two cents...

Can anybody recommend me a good horror? Like something proper scary that physiologically messes with you head. Not really in to this kinda genre but I have a friend coming and she really likes scary movies but I know nothing so thought here would be the best place to ask as I have Googled horror films and well none of them seem scary? May just be me I dunno :P

Not sure what we wanna watch so open to all suggestions from an Italian splatter fest from the 80's to a weird ass Japanese film :P just it must be in English with no zombies as they are ridiculously boring ( shaun of the dead is an exception though ;) )

Thanks Adam