Site News: Trials-Forum Upgrade

Probably just a temp problem but i thought i best mention anyway; the 'County' link under the profile no longer works.

A little niggle i did find a second ago was linking from my Gallery. Before we had the 'BB Code' link which saved using the 'Insert Image' button.

All cookies must have been cleared so I couldn't use the New Content button. Works now.

When I am looking at all the posts someone has made the reply isn't completely there if the sentence is longer. Could we get it back to the way it use to be where a person could read the whole response without clicking on the actual thread?

Also...there seems to be a lot of white space on either side of the words on the thread topic. If you could scale that down so more of the threads appear without having to scroll. It would make things a little more condensed & look nicer.

Not a problem for me, I find that if I click a link with the scroll wheel/middle button, it forces it into a new window.

It might be a firefox thing, but I think it works in IE and Chrome too.

yeah i know i do that with other websites too, but never with this one because it always did it for me, now i find myself going off t-f to look at youtube or whatever lol.

Font size has been updated... how is it looking? If you spot any text that is obviously too big/small let me know. I'm on a tiny netbook so its hard to tell.

I'll be looking into the other issues when I get the change.

Matt, do links _definitely_ still open in the same window for you?

http://www.google.com - give it a try and let us know.

Font size has been updated... how is it looking? If you spot any text that is obviously too big/small let me know. I'm on a tiny netbook so its hard to tell.

I'll be looking into the other issues when I get the change.

Matt, do links _definitely_ still open in the same window for you?

http://www.google.com - give it a try and let us know.

make the font even bigger lol, its still impossible to read, i cant notice the difference to how it was a few days ago

whats the little white writing in some of the speech bubbles next to the topics.

Red means it's a hot topic, and if it's in a bold colour (not translucent) there a post in there you haven't read. Text in the bubble shows you've replied to that thread.

I like the new layout but keep getting multiple emails of the same topic. :S (I haven't read through all the other reply's so don't know if this has been mentioned)

Goto the little arrow next to the 'forum' button, and goto settings, then click on the 'forums' tab.

I'm getting Gallery issues as well now. Unable to delete or upload. I don't think this was mentioned, i searched 'gallery' within this topic.

[edit]

Oh, Font size is fine, it was fine before anyway, but fine nonetheless.

That's Firefox 3.5.7 with 1024 reso.

Edited by eskimo

I'm getting Gallery issues as well now. Unable to delete or upload. I don't think this was mentioned, i searched 'gallery' within this topic.

[edit]

Oh, Font size is fine, it was fine before anyway, but fine nonetheless.

That's Firefox 3.5.7 with 1024 reso.

I'll check this out later.

New members can use the status update thing.

I've just seen some shifty new member trying to sell things using it.

They can no longer update their statuses

The 'submit validation vote' button is back, only visible on new members posts, and only by people who have permission to vote. Please let me know ASAP if there are any problems as I haven't really tested it properly.

Eskimo, are you trying to delete an image or an album? Do you get any error messages when uploading/deleting?

I presume then that I'm not included in people who have the permission to vote?

Otherwise, the link doesn't show up.

doh. sure its not there? its not quite in the same place as before, its to the left of 'multi quote, reply' buttons etc on each post (posts made my new members only - not pete wright as he is now in 'new members for life' ;))