Post A Video Of Todays Riding

isitafox

16 hours ago, p_ruskin said:

Seem to have hit a bit of a nerve. Wasn't a dig at anyone just expressing an observation... 

I still stick with my view that it has taken over, I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the country where it hasn't died out quite as much as everywhere else. The fact that some are willing to drive hours from a parts of the country that used to be full of riders just to ride with someone else says it all really. I agree with starting on a heavy bike comment, but i've always thought kids should start on mods (T-pro being the daddy of them all) but now Onza has gone and everything on the pure trials side of things is completely comp orientated theres nothing along those lines anymore either.

Another interesting observation

TGS isn't pure trials

pure trials is climbing on obstacles without putting ur foot down

TGS is 3 moves (more or less) put on steroids and black & white slowmotion

I miss good TGS riders as I did love their vids but man, saying TGS is trials is the same to me as saying spinning stuff is trials

ok now I shut my mouth...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ross McArthur said:

Nice set up. Anyone done it back up yet?

No I can't go up stuff like that, I'm sure cocky will.

59 minutes ago, isitafox said:

Whereabouts is that? 

Burnley, Sandygate, the areas getting redeveloped, 

52 minutes ago, Mark W said:

Those are some gleaming walls, whole spot looks ridiculously pristine.  The North West in actually building new things shocker?

It's quite new, good practice spot, a few nice lines there for someone with the skills, i have a few planned, there's a big flat area up top, with a big 2 level manual pad, those 5 walls at different levels, couple different stairsets. 

Screenshot_20160225-234012.thumb.png.232Screenshot_20160225-233944.thumb.png.a71

• Like 3

Few from Bristol a couple of days ago 

Won't bother trying to explain again on the riding side of things as it seems if an opinion doesn't fit in with an exact forum criteria it must be scrutinised.

I'm sure i'll grow tired and give up with the forum the same as everyone else has fairly soon. 

3 hours ago, Ali C said:

what was that tyre gripping on on that sidehop? :P regarding this forum, you stated an opinion, we stated ours, a discussion was had, no swearing or put downs happened....not sure what the problem is?

I like to think of it as down to the beauty of the walls at castle park;) Did have some better clips of it but thought they'd be best saved for a proper edit!

Just felt like a bit of stab from some for having said opinion, not on your part but there you go

On 2/27/2016 at 7:12 PM, p_ruskin said:

Just felt like a bit of stab from some for having said opinion, not on your part but there you go

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored"

-Brian Cox, Physicist

I didn't add this quote to try and wind you up, but to put a bit of perspective back into the discussion you guys had. I don't agree with the statement you made about 'inspireds & street bikes', but you are correct trials has changed. Is it for the worst? You maybe think so, but I don't agree.

If some TGS / Comp / Pure (whatever you want to call it) trials riders went out and put out some more decent videos, then maybe its popularity would increase. Unfortunately, since Damon / Neill / Tra's era / prime, there has been a distinct lack of people putting the effort on the media side of things, whereas there is a significant increase in people putting out 'street' trials media. 

I enjoy watching pure trials videos, but only if the rider has a decent style. Jack Carthy for example, the only rider who pulls off that crazy bar angle with a form of style to his riding. Others have tried to follow and ruined their style completely. I won't name anyone. 

At the end of the day, its about riding your bike, and not worrying what others are doing. You seem to be enjoying your riding, and it shows in the clips you've put up. I am an ex-'inch-pincher', chasing the street trials dream, but then still enjoy riding rocks too. I still don't know why the forum / sport is still having this argument, its just riding bikes. Enjoy it and let others enjoy it.

• Like 1