Ben Rowlands

1a2bcio8

Yo,

I'm having a really shitty time trying to make my longer vid. Last time I paid somebody to film we discovered 3 cracks in my cranks so I couldn't ride. Today, when I also paid somebody to film again, I pringled my front wheel beyond use. Luck ain't with me.

Anyway, here's a vid with a few 24" clips of failed efforts with regard to my proper vid and stuff that was filmed to see what's going on. The 26" stuff is from borrowing a working bike after my pringle. I'm relatively pleased with the stock stuff actually. I only wish I could have sessioned some other stuff on it besides that area. Definitely going to get a TGS bike though.

Mark, looks like I'll be getting another stiffy.

Oh, and this might still be processing.

I'm guessing the unavailability is a processing sign.

I don't think you'd regret going for a Stiffee up front (or even a Subrosa or something, although they're pretty slim so make tyre roll a bit more of an issue). The stiffness/strength outweigh their weightiness, so to speak.

With the lens stuff, d'you want me to fire you some links to the overseas place I used?

The initial processing is over now although that means it's shit quality at the moment.

Anyway, yeah, the stiffee/stiffy seems like a good decision, especially with all the 3's I like doing these days. This is in fact what killed my rhyno rim.

With regards to the lens, I think I shall leave it for the moment, and hold onto money for fixing the bike. I don't really go more than a couple of weeks without breaking stuff :( Perhaps when I get loaded up with the right products that might change though.

Blargh, mindf**k. Seeing you on a 26" TGS bike seems totally wrong from one side of my head, but the fact you ride it so smoothly/nicely/controlled seems totally awesome from the other side of my head.

exploding_head.jpg

Yeah, the tgs stuff is fun but it always remains a bit wierd from my position. I'm looking forward to maybe sorting one though to break up riding 24". VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE, after all.

Anyway, cheers.

So I stayed up to let it do its thing, and what I have to say is this.

Ben, for the love of God (/Buddha/whatever) please get a street oriented 26" rig! Those wheels just looked the right size for you, but the frame just looked wrong. Like Mark said, you're so ridiculously smooth on it, but I feel you have a whole nother level you could bring to stock riding with the right frame underneath you...

As I said to you the other week, and others have before, you on a 24" just looks like someone else riding a 20/22" street frame - 26" just looks like you've got the right balance there for your size.

I suppose I should add that it was a thoroughly enjoyable vid either way, and whatever you choose I'm certain you'll be coming out with an epic vid this year that will come up in all future 'Whats your favoriite vid' threads here.

Ben, for the love of God (/Buddha/whatever) please get a street oriented 26" rig! Those wheels just looked the right size for you, but the frame just looked wrong. Like Mark said, you're so ridiculously smooth on it, but I feel you have a whole nother level you could bring to stock riding with the right frame underneath you...

As I said to you the other week, and others have before, you on a 24" just looks like someone else riding a 20/22" street frame - 26" just looks like you've got the right balance there for your size.

I suppose I should add that it was a thoroughly enjoyable vid either way, and whatever you choose I'm certain you'll be coming out with an epic vid this year that will come up in all future 'Whats your favoriite vid' threads here.

Yeah I am curious about the 26" although my financial situation negates any realistic consideration. On the one hand it might reduce my back pain, make bunnyhops easier, umm. Actually I'm not sure what else. I suppose I would look less clown like. I think the thing is with the 24" though is it gets me close to riding bmx which, if my back wasn't totally ruined by it, and the bmx community was as sound as the trials, I would probably be doing. If I get a TGS stock as well then having each bike as different as possible makes sense in terms of variety. I dunno really though.

Anyway, cheers for the commentary JD and Joe also..

Edited by Ben Rowlands

1. Somebody hook up with Ben and do a bit of filming will you! Nick G? Jonny J? Mark W? He's paying people to film him, we cant have that!!

2. Somebody sort Ben out with a deal. He totally deserves it, I dont even have to list the reasons why. I'm sure everyone will agree?!

Edit:

3. Can I have my nose back please?

Edited by Ross McArthur

Awesome vid Ben, that Czar looks right under you. If I were you I'd go for that Gu Le frame that Rob found, the rawed look is sexy and it is a sweet bike. As others have said you seem to have an uncanny ability to flow on whatever bike you jump on. Keep up the good work.

James

P.S while I'm here did you get my email about weston next week? So far it's me, Rob and Tom definite, with a few others possibly coming down.

I'm agreeing with Ross Mcarthur. He should get his nose out your arse!

However...that's only so i can get mine in. Ben you're such a good rider you should easily get a deal.

I think you should stick with street stuff myself. It makes you unique where as tgs'y I think would ruin your style IMO

Do agree that you need a 26 inspired or something. Go sell your body for cash!!

this mas speaketh the truth!!!! 24" just looks ickle when compared with the size of you!! how tall are you by the way? :blink:

Edited by rhythm_101

Nice one Ben. Enjoyed that!

Loving the composure and technique. Lovely to watch :)

I'm not sure if I've ridden with you, but it'd be cool to sort a ride out some time.

^^^Don't listen to him Ben he's a paedo and just wants to touch you in the back of his car. He's done it before and he will do it again!

Nice little vid by the way. It really made me want to go out on my trials bike and I haven't had that feeling for a while.

• Like 1

^^^Don't listen to him Ben he's a paedo and just wants to touch you in the back of his car. He's done it before and he will do it again!

Nice little vid by the way. It really made me want to go out on my trials bike and I haven't had that feeling for a while.

:lol:

You didn't complain though did you? :P