What Are You Eating Right Now?

Dan6061

We haven't talked about food in a while, perfect reason to get a thread going!

Just polishing off some cheese in beans, with bread.

Feel free to share other snack ideas. - Perfect for the students amongst us. ;)

What are you eating?

Good f**king choice. You ever made one with miso paste? Pretty bloody good! You may have just decided tonights dinner for me.

No... when I made miso ramen I cheated by getting some miso soup sachets and using that as the sauce. I'd like to make it properly though.

Wagamama's ramen is great! I can pretty much do the chilli beef one out of my head.

That's not a bad way - and miso paste is hard to come by. I have to get mine from China town. To be honest when you make it with Miso paste it goes really dark and strong flavoured, so i don't know if that's how Wagamama's makes the miso ramen. Never had the chili beef - but i sure is tempted.

To make the miso ramen properly you actually have to cook the chicken in raw egg - sounds weird but does work.

Oooh, fancy.

Well, for rapid miso ramen, if you buy the sachets, you need at least two for one person because they only really make cup-sized soup.

Definitely check out the chilli beef ramen at wagamama. If you get their book it has the recipe but it does taste different, and not because I can't cook :P They probably won't give the full recipe out so no-one can compete.

Today's ramen features chicken, lemongrass and chilli. I'm yet to make the sauce, hopefully I can come up with something that it'll go with, lol.

Yeah my girlfriend got the book. She makes the Katsu curry quite often, and well, blow me is pretty darn spot on.

Have you ever tried making it? Who'd have thought the sauce is made from bananas and granny smith apples.....

I've thought that about the book recepies myself also. The Katsu curry isn't in the book for obvious reasons and i think the Miso ramen tastes quite a bit different too.

I shall be eating chili beef next time on your recomendation.