The Car Thread

MadManMike

Weird! Just going by personal experience, with airbag lights and abs lights on VAG cars. Guess BMW may be different though!

Nope its the way my 5 series works. Traction control off, ABS light on, give it enough grunt and the rear end will wander.

Edited by craigjames

When the lights are on in my 5 series, it means sideways can happen. The systems are broke so the lights are always on.

It's an old one though, but I doubt they've changed the way they do it.

it grips and will not spin the wheels. :S

Not enough power :lol:

Speaking of not enough power, my aamzing megane of love and joy is nearing the end of it's lease.

So, to replace 1 soot chucking company car, I have ordered another!

8580893598_ecb7bf6356_c.jpg

And before jardo points it out, the one pictured has the optional 17'' wheels that I refused to pay for, but is otherwise what I've ordered.

Zetec S 1.6 TDCI, the only thing on our car list this year in my grade that I'd ever consider having. Not fast, but economical, and will save on tax.

I have fixed my bumper.

Before - 7 lovely pieces of bumper

yz2v.jpg
And after:

20f2.jpg

Going to whack some resin on the inside which should make ziptie fibre, the strongest material known to man. That said, I will get a new one but the concept of fixing this is so amusing that I intend to use it for a while.

• Like 2

Yeah, I thought so too - it's the person who has the NCD - so if you don't crash, whatever vehicle you're driving, it should still stand IMO! And yes, exactly that...

Apparently if you insure it as a private car/van and speak to your insurer to make sure everything is understood, it counts as no claims for cars.

Out of curiosity, how much was your van to insure?

Edited by JMCD

Apparently if you insure it as a private car/van and speak to your insurer to make sure everything is understood, it counts as no claims for cars.

Out of curiosity, how much was your van to insure?

Interesting. Not applicable in my case but good to know, cheers (Y)

Erm, bit of a special case as it's an 'all drivers over 25' policy with European breakdown cover, but I think it was about £950.

Having a good look at the caddy today, can't wait. Hope there's no nasty rust surprises, gonna keep an eye on the sills, the foot wells and may have a look at the sub frame. Anywhere else I should look out for? Just incase I forget some places haha.

Interesting. Not applicable in my case but good to know, cheers (Y)

Erm, bit of a special case as it's an 'all drivers over 25' policy with European breakdown cover, but I think it was about £950.

Yeah bit of a weird system haha, shame you can't use it as private really.

That's actually not too bad, was expecting at least double that for a van of that size.

look literally everywhere you can see and have a good poke about underneath, in the arches, inner wings strut tops etc etc etc... Load beds tend to rot (or all my friends with them have just been really unlucky) too so yeah, just go in with a screwdriver and an inquisitive mind.

• Like 1