The Car Thread

MadManMike

Pop into a local tyre place for a free alignment check. You'll get to see if your alignment's ok, you'll get to have a good look around under the car for any potential issues, and you'll be able to see the exhaust clear as day.

(PS, Personally I'd make it a branch of a big chain so I wouldn't feel bad about wasting their time, unless you think you might actually get them to do the tracking, in which case just go somewhere good!)

Edited by RobinJI

Don't sell it, and you'll never lose any money. That's my take on it!

This sort of thing has been on my mind recently, in fact I just managed to lose a whole hour due to over-thinking it.

I don't think I could bring myself to sell mine at the moment, but one has to wonder what one may be missing out on.

Who / where is the best place for VAG diesel tuning in the uk? Preferably south based. Octavia is fine and just ticked over 170k, but when it finally dies looking at picking up and 06 - 08 A6 estate with the 2.0tdi and having it remapped.

Due to some f**kup on my behalf with the clear coat I didn't get an orange peel but a hedgehog finish. It's taken me about 8 hours to get the bonnet sort of polished and the end result is a detailers nightmare. Also love how the old paint job was colour matched (not). Didn't do any colour matching for the current botch up, just gave them the code. Really like the correct (new) colour, hate the old one. Needless to say, I don't give a shit. Probably going to get rid of this car next year.

The funny thing is that this colour difference only shows in the sun, in the shade both are identical. Makes me wonder whether the painter deliberately wanted me to collect the car from the paint shop during a cloudy day a few years ago when it was first repainted.

eYZ4nPc.jpg

2KkbzkX.jpg

M3 is running, ride height is probably ok so going to set the geometry up and not mess around with the suspension. Gear lever turned out to be broken but due to our fail safe design it only became apparent when I pulled it upwards. It's now shorter and hardly has any play.

Edited by Greetings

I keep getting the urge to paint my van, the rust on it is ridiculous so whatever I do it will eventually come back. The van is my workhorse and used to get me and my bikes around in and have fun and not to be taken to shows. So what I'm saying is I want to paint my van a metallic red but I'm not arsed about it being mint. I was gunna paint it myself on my drive or maybe my cousins barn. I of coarse used to work in a car body shop but it isn't the same people there now so can't go back but I do know to an extent what I'm doing.

Basically can anyone advise a method I can use without being able to bake it and such. Also cheaper the better. (A)

Just booked a Beavertail to go and get the MX-5 on Saturday. Looking forward to getting it home and starting tinkering.

Adam, out of interest, what suspension set-up do you run on your race car? I recall you mentioning it in the past, but it's a LONG thread to check back through!