The Car Thread

MadManMike

Anyone know any sweet car jokes/pranks i can play on a work mate? the twat is always keeps messing with mine (condoms on exhaust, drawing cocks, making fake plates etc) i want some revenge!

A good few rolls of clingfilm encasing the car's generally annoying/amusing yet harmless. Or make a fake plate, with the correct reg, but with the little text at the bottom saying something inappropriate, see how long it takes to get noticed.

Also George, nice one, curve looks nice and punchy, must be great fun.

• Like 1

YESSS! Bagged a genuine passat r36 boot spoiler. Got a genuine r line splitter, side skirts and rear valance to texture and paint black too.

Dan, talk to me about your Polish air kit, how's performance been? How about reliability?

Within 20 miles of my car being legal, the turbo nuts have worked loose, destroying the gasket resulting in massive exhaust blow and massively reduced boost. My downpipe has also cracked all the way around. It's slower than when I started upgrading.

I must now re-do most of what I've spent 3 months of days off doing.

Also the coilovers I bought aren't coming, company realised they won't fit a quattro model and refunded.

Fail.

Japfest tomorrow! Up at 4:30 to prep the car aesthetically, didn't end up sorting my steering gremlins and now it's developed a sway on low speed up and downy roads yet surprisingly when I push It harder it drives absolutely fine, don't think I'll take it on the track tomorrow as I don't want to damage it further nor potentially lose control due to the issues.

Still undecided whether to bother sleeping

People need to stop referencing how soon Tarty Days is so I shit myself less about how much work I need to do on the video before it :P

Currently looking at second hand cars in Bristol: not the most fun I've ever had. Currently leaning towards this, but we'll see what happens on Monday. In semi-related news, has anyone here ever used Motorwise to scrap a car? They've offered me a reasonable amount to come and collect/scrap my current car, and seem to have some decent testimonials on their website, but I thought I'd see if anyone here had used them in the past.

EDIT: Why am I even looking at MX-5s? Damn you Adam!

• Like 1

People need to stop referencing how soon Tarty Days is so I shit myself less about how much work I need to do on the video before it :P

Currently looking at second hand cars in Bristol: not the most fun I've ever had. Currently leaning towards this, but we'll see what happens on Monday. In semi-related news, has anyone here ever used Motorwise to scrap a car? They've offered me a reasonable amount to come and collect/scrap my current car, and seem to have some decent testimonials on their website, but I thought I'd see if anyone here had used them in the past.

EDIT: Why am I even looking at MX-5s? Damn you Adam!

What are you after? Economy?

If so i'd stretch to the Focus TDCi not the TDi, it might be a little tiny bit more expensive but its much better on fuel (I've had both the tdi and tdci). Either way though they both flew through 4 MOT's (two each) with no advisories.

Seriously amazing cars and i'd have another in a heartbeat. One of those cars you can just rely on no matter what.

Something like this

Edited by dann2707

Because they rule?

I was even looking at how much luggage racks were. I'll be spending all my time driving up and down motorways with my bike, yet even still I want one just 'cos of how fun yours is to drive.

That focus will rot out like a pro in no time, might even have a coverup now just to sell it.

For that money your in vw polo territory if it's big enough for you Mark? Epic little cars.

Polo/Golf kinda size would probably be do-able really, although if I've got to take my front wheel out of my bike to throw it in the back I think I'd probably be permanently sadface.

In terms of 'rotting out like a pro', how bad are they realistically? People said similar about my Rover, but even living just back from the sea where it was pretty much encased in salt most of its life it wasn't tooooo bad.

What are you after? Economy?

If so i'd stretch to the Focus TDCi not the TDi, it might be a little tiny bit more expensive but its much better on fuel (I've had both the tdi and tdci). Either way though they both flew through 4 MOT's (two each) with no advisories.

Seriously amazing cars and i'd have another in a heartbeat. One of those cars you can just rely on no matter what.

Something like this

Kind of economy, yeah - I basically just use my car to drive from Leicester to Bristol, or up to Preston or London or whatever so we're pretty much talking motorway chugging.

That car you linked to doesn't seem too bad, although having to pretty much instantly bang it through an MOT kinda sketches me out a bit - seems like if you've got a car on its way out, you'd keep hold of it till around then then sell it so you don't have to deal with the MOT fall-out and all that jazz. Cheers for the partial review though, good to know! Only person I know with a Focus is Flipp, and that deathrap was almost enough to put me off them even though it's more of a that-car-specific issue rather than a model issue.

EDIT: Semi-related, but Jesus f**king Christ Eddie Jordan.

That rear bumper on the seat :ermm:

The guy who owns it is the biggest, most offensive, gayest fanny to ever grace the earth with his miserable presence.

And on top of that, despite all his brovado and insistence that he follows Nicks very shadow he has never even done a passenger lap, let alone a track day.

Hopefully he will crash and die the first time he does, he would be doing the entire world a favor.

Big and gay he most certainly is, and he has a wing on his car. But thankfully he has those horiffic holes all over his car so people KNOW he is a fanny way before meeting him.