The Car Thread

MadManMike

Really?!!?!

I did it again oops.

I even had a discussion with Nick in person when I first met him.

Why do I keep f**king doing this, you guys are like thing 1 and thing 2

Edited by Jake.

Most certainly.

I would go over it with a hair dryer on high heat at low speed. If that doesn't cut it step up to a heat gun on low.

Leather shrinks when it's hot, quite commonly used by mobile repair vans.

It can discolour it is you use too much heat.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AI20zJRFedk

I'll nick the misses' hair dryer and have a go cheers. I guess my skin would shrink too if i heated it with a heat gun ;).

• Like 1

see it's not just me?!

Wellll, we have similar cars, share the same group of friends, live thirty seconds from each other and frequent the same forums.

But just because my car has the same wheels as his and is a dark colour, it's a big jump to assume we are the same person.

I don't think everybody who is 6ft2, white, reasonably built and drives an Audi with S4 wheels is called Nick. Even though it's about the same connection that Prawn and I have.

I certainly wouldn't walk up to somebody in a petrol station and ask them if they were called Skoze off TF if they were a 90's boyband look alike driving a black Capri.

Edited by Pashley26
  • Like 1

Was hoping to get the suspension on the Leon swapped back to standard this weekend but a number of cockups at work put paid to that plan.

Had a little time free this morning though (I'm off on exercise for the week as of this afternoon) so used it to map the Golf. Nasty spiky overly-aggressive and over-fuelling map removed, standard pd150 map back on for now. Should reduce the clutch issues enough until I can put a new one in and economy increases are never a bad thing :P

10403051_10100571474873502_3077935750123

Managed to get a new Sachs dual mass flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and hydraulic slave for £260 posted the other day (usually closer to £400), so that's on the Astra now and the gearbox is pretty much on too (doing it by myself and cant quite get the last 1cm on, so i'll use some threaded rod in the mounting holes to evenly slide it on). Can't wait to get this sodding car out of the way! Should be easy to sell though seeing as it has one of the more common and expensive issues resolved+ It will have a service and i'll get the polisher on the paint work to liven it up again.

We got the A3 yesterday and it's alright, I was surprised as I thought it would be dull as hell like the Golf we had but this feels fairly lively and handles very well even on the budget tyres upfront (i'll replace those with decent ones when winter comes). I'm not sure if the S lines have different springs/shocks but the ride is firm yet forgiving on the larger stuff, smaller stuff isn't too well catered for though. I've got a feeling it'll get a remap as my girlfriend rather enjoys putting her foot down in it and it could do with a bit more ooomph.

Slim chance, but does anyone have an EGR blanking kit they're not using?

Darkside do a kit for £50, but I thought I'd ask about in case someone has one that they've never bothered fitting...

I'd also like one, for a pd130 though :P It's more laziness that I haven't got one yet to be honest, cba fitting one!