The Car Thread

MadManMike

So my rough running issues disappeared since the rain stopped and since I used up the tank of fuel and put some decent stuff in. I reckon one of them two is at fault.

Anyway I'm going to have to sell my mx5 before I go Canada. What can I expect to get for it? It's a 1.6 eunos and runs rather sweet, ~90,000 miles, mot til July, probably going to need a brake overhaul and tyres are cracked. Also got a few bumps and scrapes from where I met a tree :lol:

Edited by Duncy H
  • Like 1

At least it doesn't have too many doors.

Even this Mk2 looks better than a Seat Leon.

Fast forward 6 months, Jardo buys a Seat Leon and raves about its looks and practicality thanks to having rear doors, making it the best car EVER! :P

• Like 2

Anyway I'm going to have to sell my mx5 before I go Canada. What can I expect to get for it? It's a 1.6 eunos and runs rather sweet, ~90,000 miles, mot til July, probably going to need a brake overhaul and tyres are cracked. Also got a few bumps and scrapes from where I met a tree :lol:

About a grand I reckon, prices are going up a touch and this is the best time of year to sell :) when exactly do you go to Canada?

About a grand I reckon, prices are going up a touch and this is the best time of year to sell :) when exactly do you go to Canada?

Well that's a lot more than I expected, would anyone on here be interested? Rather sell it for cheaps to someone worthy of it.

I go 29th may, counting down the days :)

• Like 1

I've started semi looking for one, but it'd only be going in a lockup to turn into a race car (actually, rather than just riveting bits of sheet metal to it) so I probably won't buy until they come down in price again. I'd set myself a budget of £500 so if you get desperate then give me a shout but you'll probably get a much better deal than that at the moment.

Edited by JDâ„¢

1M Leon's are the best looking VAG car of that age, probably the best looking more-door car full stop to be fair.

Despite having bad luck with that shitter, I still love Leon's. They're comfortable, good looking, cheap (Unless you buy a high maintenance top model).

Nowhere near as fun as the Eunos, but then again not much is :P

1M Leon's are the best looking VAG car of that age, probably the best looking more-door car full stop to be fair.

Despite having bad luck with that shitter, I still love Leon's. They're comfortable, good looking, cheap (Unless you buy a high maintenance top model).

Nowhere near as fun as the Eunos, but then again not much is :P

Do you not miss the power of your Leon? Or was there never enough due to the problems - I can't remember what it's issues were :P

Do you not miss the power of your Leon? Or was there never enough due to the problems - I can't remember what it's issues were :P

Power-wise that Leon was fine, but it was a diesel so although fast, it was flat and boring.

It's only when you drive one of these that you realise there's more to driving than 0-60. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my Eunos Turbo / Supercharged, but it's still great fun even with 115bhp (Or whatever it has now, 23 years later!)

When it's all riveted/bolted/PrittSticked/jizzed together I'd imagine they'll pull closed to some extent.

Forteh - apparently due a pretty long heat wave so you'll see if your ideas come to fruition or not before long :P