The Car Thread

MadManMike

No idea, I've literally just fitted them. To be honest I've bought them for aesthetic reasons, but if they do work then it's an added bonus.

EDIT: I fitted my new wipers too, one of them seems a little too long though and seems to overlap on to the rubber bit on the side of the window... Is this normal for aero type thingies?

Edited by MadManMike

They are awesome. A totally must have mod on our cars.

Our roofs don't have guttering at all, so they just funnel the rain into the windows when they are open. Having the deflectors on allows that rain to buffer off onto the door. Also having the slight through flow of the window open makes a big difference.

No hate here.

EDIT: I fitted my new wipers too, one of them seems a little too long though and seems to overlap on to the rubber bit on the side of the window... Is this normal for aero type thingies?

Yep, the passenger side was like that on mine and every other Leon I have seen with retrofit aero wipers.

DC2.

The dc2 and the dc5 and the import jd2 civic and ek9 only Hondas I would own. Went to buy a dc5 twice now and both times have been a fail still a lovely looking car and would still love to own 1 as a track toy.

• Like 1

They are awesome. A totally must have mod on our cars.

Our roofs don't have guttering at all, so they just funnel the rain into the windows when they are open. Having the deflectors on allows that rain to buffer off onto the door. Also having the slight through flow of the window open makes a big difference.

No hate here.

THIS!

e36 coupe no roof guttering, so when it rains you get a soaked door pocket, leg, fag, right hand. someone must have invented this for smokers who have e36 coupes

• Like 1

Insurance companies are such f**king chunder monkeys.

Last year we set up a multi car insurance for Lou and I on our cars.

I was told that because our renewals were three months apart I would continue to pay my insurance at its current premium, then at renewal I would pay a 3 month pro rata payment to bring our two renewals in line.

I was told that at that point my insurance would be no more than my standard single car renewal quote but a multi car discount may apply and it may be cheaper. For signing up to this Lou got a discount for her year.

Got my renewal notice for my single car policy through, dropped by £300 odd. Wahey I thought.

I did a quick online quote with the same company and it was a further £111 cheaper. Double whoopeee.

Phoned them up, said I had recieved my renewal through however I had an online quote from them which is significantlt cheaper so if they could honour that I would ok the renewal.

I was them told that I was contractually obliged to take out a multi car policy so my single car policy quotation was null and void. Further to that I was told that my personal renewal for my half of the multi car was over £500 for three months and that it would then drop (flol) to £114 per month for the year. Over double my single car renewal!

Kicked off and said I wanted to withdraw from the multi car and set up two individual policies as it was clearly a rip off and they are now charging Lou over £100 in lieu of a discount given at the start of her policy.

Why the f**k should she or I pay extra because they have been unable to keep up their end of the deal some how?!

They then told me that my current single car renewal would be £98 more than the posted renewal I got through the post.

So I weighed the options up, spoke to a customer care manager who didn't speak a word of coherent English. Cancelled my insurance and had them cut me off at renewal date.

Phoned up ten minutes later, spoke to new business rather than renewals and got a quote £11 more expensive than the online quote.

What.the.f**k.

Edited by Pashley26

£432 fully comp, all obvious and legal mods declared.

Only thing that hasn't been declared is the poly bushes and decat, obviously because the decat is illegal and the poly bushes are a direct replacement and they weren't interested in them.

• Like 1