The Car Thread

MadManMike

Well seen as I dont want to be a loon around the twisty stuff which is just dangerous 99% of the time and wanted the quickest hatchback in a straight line with loads of torque and a good base with which to tune, I went with the best option, cheers.

( also makes you look a little bit of a tool slagging a car off thats in everyway better than your own ;) ta ta.)

I don't even know where to start, literally just haven't got a clue. I know he isn't wrong as such because his opinion is his own; but I just don't understand how an opinion can differ so much from what I see as reasonable.

Don't know where to start? Then don't start, and then we don't have to sit through another pointless argument that goes nowhere.

:P

Edited by Revolver
  • Like 1

Yeah, no one cares about the cock waving contest. Focus RS is far from being my cup of tea, but if you like it then fair play, I hope you enjoy it :) I wouldn't tease Jardo too much, the difference in performance really is marginal, you're talking about around 4bhp/ton more for around 5 times the price, nothing you can boast too much about.

Spent a while getting my bent wheel straighter earlier, still needs some work but it's looking better. Luckily it's quite a gentle buckle so it's not flexing the metal too much to get it out. Should turn out well I think, but I'm going to do it at work instead of persevering outside at home. It'll be a whole lot easier using an old hub in a vice as a jig.

• Like 3

As Robin says.

If you don't care about corners and you just want as much torque as possible and a good "base to tune with" then really your car isn't any better than mine at all I could lose 15kg's and be just as quick, in fact probably quicker to 100. Whilst my car would be no match for an RS in the corners we don't need to worry about that because 99% of the time it is dangerous as you say. I enjoy a subtle and unpretentious car that I can unassumingly roll around town in, I quite often drive long distance so require comfort. But I still get up the nose of people like yourself on the road; when they presume a Focus RS is an all destroying road machine.

Which is why I enjoy the Megane; if I were to buy in the same way you have it would offer me exactly what I want. The Megane could easily be mistaken for a top spec diesel or the like.

It was never about my car vs your car, but thanks for bringing it up, you all know how much I love it and it plays perfectly into my hands. It was more about why you would choose the RS over other options. Which you have kind of answered I guess.

I can't help but laugh at your initial testing of the the three cars and then ending up with the RS after all you said.

Hope you enjoy your new car, keep us updated.

Oh and also I call custard; so a picture of your RS in a layby with a pot of ambrosia should see us right :)

Edited by Pashley26

Yes, because Jardo's A3 is better than everything else in the world EVER! Anyone who buys any other car is a chav... I believe that the 2013 Mercedes F1 car is going to be awesome, maybe even better than the A3?

Ben

Note: Much sarcasm, not sure how awesome the 2013 Merc is going to be...

Edited by Ben Cox

So because you've seen a chav buy an RS he's now instantly a chav? If he bought the Subaru would you still call him a chav?

Pretty much.

Take your "this happens every time" argument and direct it at this -

( also makes you look a little bit of a tool slagging a car off thats in everyway better than your own ;) ta ta.)

He piped up; basically said his car is better than mine and then listed the reason why he chose that car -

I dont want to be a loon around the twisty stuff which is just dangerous 99% of the time and wanted the quickest hatchback in a straight line with loads of torque and a good base with which to tune, I went with the best option, cheers.

But actually; his car is no better than mine within those terms.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc in its simplest form.

:)

Edited by Pashley26

You say road presence; personally speaking when I see a Focus RS I think of tiiiiiiiny penis. Probably due to the sort of people that own them around here, I work at a Ford main dealer and have recently seen a huge influx of middle aged chavs changing in their "fast as f**k" Focus RS's for the new ST. So far I've not met one of them that isn't a total tool who thinks they're gods gift to the world. Which has put me off a bit.

If you wanted an all out performance machine you could have done a whole lot better for a lot less money, you could have got a better engine and a better chassis. But that's not the point of an RS really is it?

The only thing a Focus RS has which other cars don't is a lairy bodykit and a modified image and a big heavy driving feel.

So was it the fact that an RS is a brute to drive and feels like a big bruiser, or the flared arches and wide boy body kit that pulled you in? What was your attraction to the RS in the end?

Of cause I have driven one; I've driven loads of them.

If it is the drive we are talking about then I would have purchased the Megane EVERY time. If it is the image and the "package" then again I would have bought the Megane.

Fastest production FWD time round the ring; or a generation of Halfords carpark cars. I know which appeals to me more.

These are all aimed at the car ive just bought before i 'piped up'. So basically you can call anyones car shite but if they return the favour you see your ass?

Ive got better things to do than to argue with a stubborn little faggot who everyone sees right through. :wink2:

These are all aimed at the car ive just bought before i 'piped up'. So basically you can call anyones car shite but if they return the favour you see your ass?

Ive got better things to do than to argue with a stubborn little faggot who everyone sees right through. :wink2:

Your own words -

The argument was that because someones bought a better car than his he has to lash out so he doesnt feel inferior to the rest of us :dance:

According to the Met Office it rains on average 53% of days each years, that's a whole lot of disappointment.

Not really like i say 90% of my driving is on the motorway were it isnt an issue, try again.

Heres a good example of what a fettled rs can do on some twisty stuff

http://youtu.be/bjcOk8fRPws

Does the overly and pointlessly competitive attitude come free with the car? No one cares who's car is "better" it's basically just down to opinion anyway, there's shit all between them. Personally I like the A3 more, but that's just because I don't like heavy/oversized cars unless they've got a big boot, a diesel engine and a towing hitch, but I can completely see the RS's appeal all the same, and I accept that other people might not share my opinion, so I'm pleased you've got a car you like, and I hope you have fun with it, and that it serves you well.

Why don't you two just agree to disagree yeah?

This whole argument is retarded and you're both losing at it.

Yep, what he said.

Edit: The beach at the start of that video's Brean Sands, love the place, have a photo I took of a mate's Land Rover towing a Welshman there:

536292_10150715951039855_1913241286_n.jp

And another mates Chevette going sideways:

559808_10151467135375615_1203080504_n.jp

Edited by RobinJI
  • Like 2

But you don't care about twisty stuff, you drive motorway miles? If it's motorway miles you want then my car > your car in every single possible way. As would a Megane.

That video shows utterly uncontrolled and irresponsible willy wanging, not my cup of tea. I'm not sure if you understand why you have purchased this car; you seem confused.

To confirm I'm not reading this all wrong; it is him that KEEPS making reference to my car in relation to his car? And it was him who first made reference?

Edited by Pashley26