The Car Thread

MadManMike

Thanks mate, that's an absolutely fantastic reply :)

No problem, hope you manage to sort out shipping and that you're satisfied.

These are my old XR01 intermediates:

p1050114a.jpg

They were absolutely superb on a wet, clean track. Very good in the dry too.

I think you'll find that shipping of tyres to the UK will be very expensive unless they have a very good deal with a freighter or use some other mode of transport. Considering that their website is run in English, they might have a way of cheaply shipping them out abroad.

Edited by Greetings

I can sort that rbird.

So can I to be fair, but that's more of a touch up that a respray :P

Which would put you in the ballpark for something like this;

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=482304

By the time you've talked him down a tad you've got spare funds to buy the facelift starfish alloys and are in the realm of win (Y

Sold for rather less than the asking price - missed a trick ;)

Why couldn't you live closer. :(

I need my whole front end sprayed.

Likewise, I could do with my front bumper being done :(

You two need to man up and just drive to him like I'm going to do! Well worth the fuel for the work that will be done. :)

You say road presence; personally speaking when I see a Focus RS I think of tiiiiiiiny penis. Probably due to the sort of people that own them around here, I work at a Ford main dealer and have recently seen a huge influx of middle aged chavs changing in their "fast as f**k" Focus RS's for the new ST. So far I've not met one of them that isn't a total tool who thinks they're gods gift to the world. Which has put me off a bit.

If you wanted an all out performance machine you could have done a whole lot better for a lot less money, you could have got a better engine and a better chassis. But that's not the point of an RS really is it?

The only thing a Focus RS has which other cars don't is a lairy bodykit and a modified image and a big heavy driving feel.

So was it the fact that an RS is a brute to drive and feels like a big bruiser, or the flared arches and wide boy body kit that pulled you in? What was your attraction to the RS in the end?

Edited by Pashley26
  • Like 1

I like the focus RS, I think they're fantastic. Sure, the megane RS265 is the thinking mans choice, but the RS is more of a statement, less gay, and has an all round fantastic presence on the road.

Ignore Jardo, he drives the same sort of car you see on the school run, as do I.

It's all about what floats your boat, and regardless of percieved image (as if you care - you had a scoob!), I think the Focus RS is fantastic.

• Like 1

You two need to man up and just drive to him like I'm going to do! Well worth the fuel for the work that will be done. :)

+ hotel for x amount of nights?

Out of interest Boumsong, what sort of time frames would it take for a full front end respray/possibly a full respray?

I fancy a colour change before my car is even finished. At a reduced rate is a bonus. ;)

I would say if I had focus rs type money to burn, I think I would have a Monaro or a vxr8, and get it supercharged. Always wanted one ever since they came out, and I am a huge fan of Australian v8 touring cars. I was looking through auto trader a month back, and there was a 5.7 Monaro Vxr with a TWR supercharger kit on, and the suspension and brakes done, for £12k. Admittedly the fuel bill would be horrendous, but the smile it'd give you would be enormous.

You say road presence; personally speaking when I see a Focus RS I think of tiiiiiiiny penis. Probably due to the sort of people that own them around here, I work at a Ford main dealer and have recently seen a huge influx of middle aged chavs changing in their "fast as f**k" Focus RS's for the new ST. So far I've not met one of them that isn't a total tool who thinks they're gods gift to the world. Which has put me off a bit.

If you wanted an all out performance machine you could have done a whole lot better for a lot less money, you could have got a better engine and a better chassis. But that's not the point of an RS really is it?

The only thing a Focus RS has which other cars don't is a lairy bodykit and a modified image and a big heavy driving feel.

So was it the fact that an RS is a brute to drive and feels like a big bruiser, or the flared arches and wide boy body kit that pulled you in? What was your attraction to the RS in the end?

Have you driven one?

I would say if I had focus rs type money to burn, I think I would have a Monaro or a vxr8, and get it supercharged. Always wanted one ever since they came out, and I am a huge fan of Australian v8 touring cars. I was looking through auto trader a month back, and there was a 5.7 Monaro Vxr with a TWR supercharger kit on, and the suspension and brakes done, for £12k. Admittedly the fuel bill would be horrendous, but the smile it'd give you would be enormous.

I did look at the vxr8 its a lot of car for the money but in reality there not quick enough for how thirsty they are.

Of cause I have driven one; I've driven loads of them.

If it is the drive we are talking about then I would have purchased the Megane EVERY time. If it is the image and the "package" then again I would have bought the Megane.

Fastest production FWD time round the ring; or a generation of Halfords carpark cars. I know which appeals to me more.

Edited by Pashley26