The Car Thread

MadManMike

No you nobber.

Ahhhh I see. Your new car is still gay though, even if it's good value. :P

I'm two minutes 22 seconds in and already 3 clios have crashed you could have warned me i'm very sensitive about my people.

Hmmmmm. Would it be OK with everyone if I came to spectate at your track day thingy? :P

No worries. I like a mental hillclimb vid, I used to do it on the motorbike. Scarborough (Oliver's mount) is f**king scary at 100mph with no run off on cold tyres. There's usually a bloke in a hayabusa turbo engined mini, he holds the class record at quite a few places

• Like 2

That one dude lost a front wheel on his Evo (I think...) surprisingly easily.

The amount of people trying to get all Hollywood and slide around that fairly open hairpin then having to correct and just drive out around the rest of the corner was amusing.

No worries. I like a mental hillclimb vid, I used to do it on the motorbike. Scarborough (Oliver's mount) is f**king scary at 100mph with no run off on cold tyres. There's usually a bloke in a hayabusa turbo engined mini, he holds the class record at quite a few places

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B_M97dTB9mc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This guy? It looks like a truly terrifying machine- it's all over the place.

Edit: complete embed fail-

Edited by TrialsIsHard

Yeah that's the one. That left hander at the top of the hill where he starts to brake, just before is where my old man lost the rear on his tz250 at 120mph but got it back, and nearly went through the grass bank. He was still shaking an hour later. There was a darkie on the road about 50ft long where his rear tyre had spun. Favourite crash spot there for cars is at the hairpin where people brake far too late and go straight on through the gate

That bloke in the Astra is properly trying ain't he!!!! That flat out left hand corner looks scary. Not much room for error

The astra had me creaming the whole way through. Those two corners where he did it on two wheels and three wheels were incredible to watch.

I'm two minutes 22 seconds in and already 3 clios have crashed you could have warned me i'm very sensitive about my people.

Hahaha I was thinking "Dan's not gonna like this" when I watched it, then I was like "Weird there's no golfs or cars I like crashing" then a bright yellow golf spun out haha.

Really disheartening to watch so many cars with so much time put into them crash, that one corner everyone seemed to understeer completely on haha. Wanted to be like slow down but they kept on coming haha.

And back to my slightly more accepted car.

The S3 has been incredibly bad this week.

I don't know if it was aware of it's impending retirement, or if it was a combination of not starting it for a week and it being freezing cold. But on Monday when I went to drive it to work it wouldn't hold it's revs, and died idling. But it would bounce around all over the place first. If you drove it, flames would come out of the exhaust on over run so violently you could see them licking up past the rear window.

The exhaust was blowing/buzzing and it felt flat as a pancake to drive.

This upset me.

So, I agreed to sell it. And agreed a deal with a lad on a Clio 182 Trophy with a chunk of money my way. The plan was to just sell the 182 ASAP. Hide the money and buy a Westfield as soon as I had a garage.

Seems a bit drastic, but it's not a bad shout...So I cobbled the S3 back together, took all the boost hoses off and inspected them for cuts and tears, changed the boost hoses off the turbo, cleaned the TB and tried unplugging the MAF. It was still running funny.

Tuesday morning I start it up to go to work, and it was PERFECT. What?!

Tuesday night the lad's on his way down after the green light to do the deal. We've both swapped our insurance over, all good to go. I got in the car, drove it to the petrol station, flat out, wheel spin everywhere, sliding all over the road, bags full of opposite lock.

I had to ring him up and tell him to turn round and go home, I paid him for the fuel he'd used and the transfer fee from his insurance. But I couldn't sell the S3. For what it's worth it's irreplaceable.

So I parked it up and forgot about it, safe in the knowledge the Panda would get me to work and back so the S3 didn't matter any more and I only had to use it and work on it when I wanted to. What a fantastic feeling.

Day off today, so I thought I'd make sure everything's good to go for Brands next week.

Absolutely murdered it to the workshop, 20 miles of lovely A roads. First time I've seen boost in about three weeks. Loved it.

Dropped the oil, gave it more front camber, lowered the back slightly because it feels VERY light under braking. Good to go :)

I refuse to wash it now, I want it to have that abused look!

10374523_1565074867041022_46505764532208

The roads are sliiiiiiippppery at the moment.

Officially sent my spoiler to Mr Tom Booth to be sprayed :D

Also received these today, they're headlight washer blanks that Tom's spraying too. Can't wait!

But in the mean time as we all know there aren't enough pics of my car in here here is another one from my doctors visit

15695391918_bee021269a_b.jpg20141126_101857 by dann2707, on Flickr

And the sexy ol' washer blanks.

15705551277_a16f9e8038_b.jpg20141127_110609 by dann2707, on Flickr

At the risk of sounding stupid, why are you blanking the washers? Have you removed them or something?

Nah, doesn't sound stupid at all Sam! Just tidies the front end up. I didn't understand it at first as I thought it was for poverty spec models that didn't have washer jets but in all honesty I think it looks a lot nicer. Personal preference though

5568387271_6de28bfb43_z.jpg

5568743265_7bce2b89c1_z.jpg

And then with headlight washers

Clio-RenaultSport-182-2-0-16v-VGC-7-mont

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 1