The Car Thread

MadManMike

I'm going to call you out on this and say bollocks. If it made no difference and wouldn't affect your ability to make a claim and get a payout (i.e. invalidating your policy in the event of an accident), then why would you need to declare it in the first place?

Unless I'm misreading what you put, I think the answer to that is you must declare things to avoid the invalidation of your policy.

An example of this is my landrover. Insurance company (NFU) wanted to know if I had a winch on it....affects performance none whatsoever. But they still wanted to know about it.

As an aside, I wasn't looking to argue with anyone, just people seemed confused whether something like removing rear seats needed declaring. Thought I could help, rang the broker who I insure over 40 vehicles with so it's in his interest to give me correct answers and asked for the bottom line. Bottom line is that all changes, no matter how small, must be declared to avoid invalidation of policy.

More likely that the pads aren't releasing properly or the cables have siezed in the outers. Drive it and give the handbrake a few hard tugs. See if that works. If not, jack it and tap the calipers with a mallet, see if that works. Could potentially need new cables/pisotn overhaul though more often than not the above methods have worked for me in the past.

Just gave my car it's first wash this year I think, and it's last for at least 18 months as I'm off backpacking in September.

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Things to note:

1 - The front grill decided to fall off (retaining clips were OLD) so is in the boot.

2 - I am awarer of how high the front end looks, exaggerated by the silly low profile tires.

2 - I am awarer of how high the front end looks

Why is it so high? Car would look really nice if it weren't for that rather odd front end :P

In case anyone is interested, here's a video from a really fun mountain pass I shot last week. It's by no means the stuff you'd get in the Alps but it's such a fun drive none the less. Descent starts at around 6:00.

Too fat, too heavy, power is spread to thinly between too many wheels. Look elsewhere. My work college had one before his DC5, he reckoned the scoob wouldn't get anywhere it. Cammed up 106s will stick with them, Type Rs will leave them, I bet a well set up A3 would too ;) If you've got the rally look bug I'd be looking at Evos but thats a personal preference.