Parents And Technology

dann2707

Maybe it's just mine who are slightly retarded but my Dad came out with two corkers yesterday!

I've just got a webcam in the post and my Dad came into my room with a concerned face and went

"You know that webcam you've just bought, how much extra is it going to add onto the internet bill every month because I don't want you to plug it in if it's going to cost loads"

Then later on in the evening he was telling me that he wants me to find a computer for him, for my Auntie but....

"I want you to find a computer for her with Windows XP not windows 7 as it works better in her area of Leeds"

Absolutely cracked me up!

Anyone have any similar stories? Grandparents are allowed.

• Like 2

My mum went through a Skype phase, but she never really understood that even when your face is not in view of the camera you can still be heard. My aunt had bought my sister something (clothes of some sort) and my mum thought by ducking out of view she could give my sister her opinion of it without my aunt hearing. My aunt did hear, and it wasn't the nicest of opinions. I don't think she's used Skype since come to think of it.

Not necessarily technology but my girlfriend has a habit of saying really stupid stuff when she's tired and run down.

For example: When Barcelona were playing Real Madrid on tv, she asked:

So who does Messi play for when he's not playing for his country? :giggle:

I was fixing my mates mums computer, she's a fairly straight, christian teacher in a primary school and was nattering away.

She was telling me about a time she was making a christmas worksheet thing, using google to find pictures

"So I was searching for 'donkey' on google, and you would not believe the pictures that came up!"

• Like 2

I was fixing my mates mums computer, she's a fairly straight, christian teacher in a primary school and was nattering away.

She was telling me about a time she was making a christmas worksheet thing, using google to find pictures

"So I was searching for 'donkey' on google, and you would not believe the pictures that came up!"

Just Google image searched 'donkey' and got nothing but pictures of actual donkeys. Disappointed and relieved in equal measure.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone has heard the story of the elderly woman who unwittingly put her cold and wet pet poodle in the microwave to warm it up :S and not knowing of consequences. The poor woman suffered a heart attack after she discovered what she had done.

My grandad puts a tenner credit on his mobile a month to knock a tenner off his home phone/ internet bill, he has no idea how to use his mobile and if he did it would still have no use. He does it just incase someone else wants to use it. I can't imagine the amount thats on there.