The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Been trying ever since I bought my road bike to crack 16mph average speed on a run. It's been doing my head in as I've been stuck at 15.8 on all the rides I've done so far. I know its only 0.2mph out but trust me, it's well annoying. So I went land did 19.1 miles in 1h 9 mins, with an average sped of 16.1mph. Makes me so happy. The next goal is to average 18mph on a long ride, but it's quite a big step up. I'm looking at going out with the local club on a Saturday morning, they do 20-25 miles in two hours, with a cake stop, which I could do easily

Dan, I've weirdly been stuck at 15.6 too.... That's strange haha. It's only on a commute to Brighton though and of ten miles is about 2 miles of fairly steep hills so I'm quite happy with that average.

Oh and club runs are so so easy even if they're going faster than normal, you can just sit on someone's arse and cruise at 25mph everywhere easily haha.

On the 5 mile ride between my house and my parents I averaged 18.7mph and it's mostly flat. I was stoked as hell with that, it's weird, I can ride 15-20 mile fairly easily on my MTB without too much out of breath (obviously depends on terrain etc) but on the roadie I'm sweating buckets in minutes!

Been trying ever since I bought my road bike to crack 16mph average speed on a run. It's been doing my head in as I've been stuck at 15.8 on all the rides I've done so far. I know its only 0.2mph out but trust me, it's well annoying. So I went land did 19.1 miles in 1h 9 mins, with an average sped of 16.1mph. Makes me so happy. The next goal is to average 18mph on a long ride, but it's quite a big step up. I'm looking at going out with the local club on a Saturday morning, they do 20-25 miles in two hours, with a cake stop, which I could do easily

Me and my neighbour averaged 19/20mph on our 60 mile road ride the other day. It was so fun!!!!!

Awesome day out at Waddington airshow. Never seen such a display of pilot skills before. And for a bonus, an apache helicopter simulating blowing stuff up, with proper pyrotechnics.

Went to see Forteh today. He has a beard and a bath. He also lives in the flattest place I've ever been, I swear that for the first 40 miles I covered heading north there wasn't a single grassy knoll, let alone real mountains.

Managed to avoid all the lycrasexuals doing their retarded Le Tour De Yorkshire today, despite half of Sheffield being closed for it. Apparently they shut access to the M1! f**king mental. People were having to go via Rotherham just to get off the motorway.

Still, at least it wasn't handled as badly as the half marathon...

Yeah, more about you please...

I don't get you.

ALSO mother of bananas, just went downstairs, made a cuppa T. Started singing WHO SAID WE'RE WACK by lonely island. came upstairs, music on shuffle out of 3491 tracks. Boom that song comes on next. Weird as f**k, so weird.