The Happy Thread

Duncy H

It's a cool event to go to - even though there wasn't much British interest the crowd still got behind it which was cool.  I was there when Lampkin won it, and both times it came down to the last race so you can imagine how apeshit people were going.

I didn't ride it, nah.  Didn't have my bike and everyone else has theirs set up pretty weirdly.  Equally, not a great rider, so when you've got Toni Bou, Fujigas, Cabestany, etc. all milling around it's not the time to be breezing up a 2ft box to bash.

Pretty sure I f**ked up a good amount of FIM TV coverage of the D&R show by lurking in the background taking photos too.  Not scared.

• Like 3

Didn't see that actually - I a few sections from the first/second half from being busy with some other stuff, although being able to lurk in the media ring around the outside of the arena meant I got a really good view of some bits!  We were generally sitting in the very top right corner of the stands so had a pretty good overview.

• Like 1

I'm going to Hong Kong. Haven't been back since 2009 I think. Taking girlfriend and a friend back with me, staying at relatives so accommodation sorted already, I have $6.2K HKD (about £530) in an account there from the Scheme $6000 the HK government was giving out a couple years ago so my spending money is sorted as well. I just have to wait for pay day end of this month to book and pay for flights. Sweeeeet.

To think - we were within feet of each other for a prolonged period of time (I was lurking in the media bit pretty much right in front of where you were sitting for 10mins or so in the first half).  You were in a pretty good spot though (Y)

Yeah I ordered the tickets back in August time so free reign over the seating.

It did cross my mind that there were probably some people I vaguely knew from here and from the past. Did you meet Andy from Trials Central, pretty sure I saw him there?