The Happy Thread

Duncy H

I've never understood expensive watches :(

Probably how some people don't understand on spending so much money on "just a car"

I think there is a certain point where the price of watches goes to stupid levels, but I feel that if you wear the watch every day for 5-10 years then it's definitely worth spending a little bit of money on a good quality watch that will hopefully last.

I'm 25 now so thought it was a good year to get one, and I've been looking for a nice one for a while. None of those look at me blingy shite with a thousand dials on the face. Who really needs to know the phases of the moon...

Edited by AndrewEH1
  • Like 1

GF just bossed an interview at a private gym to run her remedial therapy from a room they have, so happy for her as it's the most ideal place, close to the city, good flexible rent, similar work ethics to the owners (who she's trained with before), free access to the gym and a good supply of clients. She's on the last part of getting her business running and if she wants she can leave her job as a biomedical scientist which she hates with a passion and she'll earn three times more money for half the hours :)

• Like 5

It's been a good weekend, won some cash on the horses yesterday, fitted the I/O chainring on my CX bike (will test that this week), got my Pro 2 ready for building and finally got round to helicoiling the brake mount on my MTB forks so I can put them on and get a ride in.

Missions for this week include sending some bits in for powdercoating, building said MTB, ordering a clutch mech and shifter for my CX bike and hopefully looking at a new car.

It's been a good weekend, won some cash on the horses yesterday, fitted the I/O chainring on my CX bike (will test that this week), got my Pro 2 ready for building and finally got round to helicoiling the brake mount on my MTB forks so I can put them on and get a ride in.

Missions for this week include sending some bits in for powdercoating, building said MTB, ordering a clutch mech and shifter for my CX bike and hopefully looking at a new car.

2nd hand SLX shifter sourced along with a new Zee mech which I'm gonna stick on my Santa Cruz and steal the XT off that for my CX bike!

Having not ridden Bristol since 2011, i've just looked up where we're staying this weekend and have pinpointed it as being between big lloyds, Beau's dropgap and behind the square I tried racing Ben Rowlands and JD In his Audi through.

Made me smile, bike-navigation is brilliant.

• Like 1

Random fact: For around 2 months after moving to Bristol for uni I could only navigate the place via trials spots in a certain order. It was an utter revelation when I realised that turning right at the bottom of the road got me to the fountains, rather than having to go via the Bearpit and Castle Park...

• Like 1