The Happy Thread

Duncy H

Lol, I completely missed that and saw it as a comment on my trials and motor vehicle choices :teehee:

Hahahah I can see why he'd reply that mod = moderator

But Dave, C'mon mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn can we see pics of your wife properly yet? I'll post some if you post some.

You've met my wife you numpty!

Ah, then I'd have to ban myself which would be counter-productive.

If I get an invite to yours and Jardos wedding I'll get her to wear something revealing (Y)

Actually thinking about it I did have some nudey photo's but I lent them to your mum so she knew what was expected of her :flowers: :kiss: :rockon:

I drive past that multiple times per day as my work is on the same industrial estate. Mr Beefnah has no f**ks to give! Word has it that his plan is working though.

What's his beef? The car's done 35,000 miles, if it was a manufacturing fault it wouldn't have taken 35,000 miles for him to do this.

I've had Fiat refuse the warranty on a car because the customer missed a gear and the ECU logged 10,200RPM then it started drinking oil.

Customer missed a gear, their problem...

• Like 1

What's his beef? The car's done 35,000 miles, if it was a manufacturing fault it wouldn't have taken 35,000 miles for him to do this.

I've had Fiat refuse the warranty on a car because the customer missed a gear and the ECU logged 10,200RPM then it started drinking oil.

why did it started to drink oil after such a revs?

why did it started to drink oil after such a revs?

Engines don't like revving that high, everything is out of tolerance, balance and it's vibration damping ranges. Causes huge amounts of wear on everything.

Like putting maltesers in your bottom bracket and expecting them to work like bearings...

Edited by Pashley26
  • Like 2

If you mechanically force a car to rev way past it's manufacturer tolerances then of cause it's your fault. You miss select a gear, force the engine past it's limiter, why's that the manufacturers responsibility to sort it out?

You wouldn't phone up the manufacturer if you crashed the car on a slippery road and say that the ABS wasn't good enough? And you wouldn't expect them to pay out because you should have shown more care.

That's quite right, but this was a known issue by Audi. They basically just kept quiet about it when Mr Beef complained and denied any knowledge of such an issue (would have to recall all affected models); to which he did this stunt. Audi then tried saying they offered to fix the car free of charge all along, which was a lie. Hence continuing to keep the car outside. I think its been there for around 7 months now! Also, it could well take 35k miles to show issues, especially if it was something like the turbo oil seals that were defective and causing the oil consumption.

sorry, but isnt tht what rev limiters are made for?

Yeah, if they was hitting the rev limiter every day, i could understand, but for a one off occation (escpecially because the engine didnt stop them from doing it), then thats bullshit!

Drive along at 70mph and then select first gear and lift the clutch. Then tell me your engine is fine as it was a 'one off' occasion..

Edited by Joe Sheehan

I've known that TFSI's use oil for absolutely years, but so do all turbo Audi's.

Our old 1.8t engines, it's within spec to use 1L of oil every 1000 miles. It's just the way it is, all explained in the hand books.

I could understand if the car had done say 5000 miles, you can shrug that off as 'running in' or explain it away within that mileage but not 35,000 miles. The horse has kind of bolted then.

In my eye's you've got a year or 12,500 miles to claim something like that, or the first service interval (which is 18K/2 years on an A5 TFSI.) But to park it up outside the dealership for 7 months, 35,000 miles down the line?

Drive along at 70mph and then select first gear and lift the clutch. Then tell me your engine is fine as it was a 'one off' occasion..

i wrote a well educated reply to Jardo, but to be honest, i cant be f**ked wiht that argument.

Yes, if your that stupid to downshift from 5th to first, you'll f**k 99% of engines up. but i have enough faith in humanity to think that people arn't that stupid :giggle:

Edited by MartMini

Yeah I guess. But on the flip side if he's bought that car on finance over say, 4 years, you'd darn well hope the car would last at least that long provided it is kept up with service intervals. And in his defence, when dropped off for a service the idea is that the car gets checked over, so he could well say that this was missed too. Whatever happens, it's good viewing!

Spoke to insurance company about the new motor earlier and they said the price for renewal (which runs out next week) would be £70 more expensive than our current motor at £378 unless I could get a better quote, just done a quick scan on gocompare and managed to find one at £226. Absolute bloody result!

• Like 1