Snakes - Anybody at all clued up?!

Luke Rainbird

Luke, no idea what that snake is but props to you for getting it in a box! Especially considering how much of pussies most of us in the UK are when it comes to non farm animals or dogs and cats haha.

Where did you see it? And what was your reaction haha.

Haha, clocked this topic earlier but didn't bother opening the topic, just saw this on facebook though then noticed it was you that started the thread. Sounds like an interesting story! What a random/awesome thing to find in your kitchen :lol:

It was just chillin' it the kitchen. Think he was eyeing up the beers.

Boxed it up with some damp parer towels and kept he little beggar warm 'til today when I've been door to door scaring the neighbours with tales of snakes on the loose haha!
I was obviously pretty confused/surprised to find him there, but think I managed to hold it relatively together having just found him there in my half-asleep state :P

I've just tracked down the owner too - a girl I used to work with for the Uni used to live up the road but moved out about a year ago now. She'd always had pretty exotic pets (and interests...) so sprung to mind but having been gone so long I didn't really think much of it. However, she's been in touch after seeing him on Facebook and turns out it was her snake which went missing just before they moved to Bedford. Bit of a trek to drop him home but she's down this way soon with any luck so shall take him back with her. Pretty cool to know of his little adventure and he's clearly done a decent enough job of feeding himself for the past 12 months!

• Like 1

Going by the markings and colors looks lieka normal corn snake. Just keep him about 15'c to 20'c for the night and take him to a pets store or something like it in the morning if you can.

15'c is way too cold i had a royal python for years,

he had to be kept about 60'c at night

thats defo a corn snake you can tell by the shape of him :)

give him plenty of water and take him to a reptile shop asap!

Edited by stunt man t

15'c is way too cold i had a royal python for years,

he had to be kept about 60'c at night

thats defo a corn snake you can tell by the shape of him :)

give him plenty of water and take him to a reptile shop asap!

60 degrees C?

Luke you better get the oven on.

Stunt Man T, Pretty sure you're either thinking of degrees Fahrenheit, or a Royal Python isn't a Corn Snake, or both. I know jack shit about snakes, but I know there's not a natural climate on earth with a natural temperature in that range. A quick google suggest's a corn snake should be kept at 21-30 deg C, which is just kind of warmish indoors temperatures. Besides, if it's survived outside/roaming free for a year, another couple of days of British climate isn't going to hurt much surely?

No idea what I'd do if I found an exotic looking snake in the kitchen, haha.

Stunt Man T, Pretty sure you're either thinking of degrees Fahrenheit, or a Royal Python isn't a Corn Snake, or both. I know jack shit about snakes, but I know there's not a natural climate on earth with a natural temperature in that range. A quick google suggest's a corn snake should be kept at 21-30 deg C, which is just kind of warmish indoors temperatures. Besides, if it's survived outside/roaming free for a year, another couple of days of British climate isn't going to hurt much surely?

No idea what I'd do if I found an exotic looking snake in the kitchen, haha.

maybe it was fahrenheit i cant remember my temperature dial just read numbers and didnt mention 'c or 'f :lol;

Edited by stunt man t

if it's survived outside/roaming free for a year, another couple of days of British climate isn't going to hurt much surely?

This. He's in a makeshift tank in a warm room with a heater nearby - I don't want to shock the poor b*****d too much (nor do I want to cook him!) though I suspect he's probably been loitering around peoples' warm pipes and so on where he can.

But yeah, apparently his original name is "Trowser" and he shall hopefully be starting his journey to his new home tomorrow :)

As funny as it was seeing the reactions of a few of the neighbours that there was a snake about I may pop round again tomorrow to let them know what the deal is - the chick upstairs seemed rather shaken up haha!

• Like 1