Another Slide Show From Gilles, But On Mod

Lewis Gething

i dont think people understand why gilles records, his sole purpose will be to show fellow comp riders his riding, he is not bothered about fancy edits or taking over youtube. i dont get why people cant just enjoy good riding without having to make comments. granted its not a well edited or well made video but who cares? i would much rather watch a video like this with the worlds best comp rider showcasing his skills then some person hoping about on a kerb but edited to holy f**k and playing with camera angles to make everything look big.

• Like 2

Not encoding it like shit isn't hard though? Just a couple of clicks of a mouse would make it way better, and would 'show fellow comp riders his riding' much more effectively.

Interestingly, the way most people 'play with cameras to make everything look big' is to film really low down and use a wide angle lens...

to be honest do you think if he cared he would have done something about it? granted it might be simple if you know what to do, i wouldn't know what to do im clueless with editing and recording etc. yeah i know that mark.

I just find it funny that top comp riders complain about a lack of sponsorship, but then seemingly don't care about how they're portrayed and presented online when the two are intrinsically linked.

His last video got slated everywhere because the actual quality/framerate was so poor, so surely you'd just spend a second on Google to find some better settings? It's literally a case of just searching for it online and you can find ways of making things look 'right' instantly, and then you'd just be getting positive comments about the riding rather than people saying "Good riding but awful video" the whole time.

• Like 1

ive never heard of any of the comp riders complaining of lack of sponsorship but then im not in a situation to being told that sorta stuff. yes i understand where you are coming from, that is why danny mac has made it so big.

back to the same reason, i really dont think he cares mate. i just hate that everyone cares more about the video then the actual riding!

There was an interview with Giaco on something like TrialInside or Tribalzine where he was complaining about the sponsorship situation and the lack of big money in comps, and I'm pretty sure I've seen Gilles say the same thing somewhere as well.

But yeah, I suppose he might just not care but again the reason so many complain is probably because it just isn't that hard to sort out, and would make them much more enjoyable to watch. Be interesting to see if he changes in future.

• Like 1

The thing is such a low quality makes the riding look a lot less impressive. I´ve seen gilles live and it was shocking, this vid makes him look like amateur compared to what he is capable of and that´s just because of stupid angles and choppy quality. It´s not hard to understand, just watch 2011kd tribalzine vid and compare it to this or the previous vid, it´s day and night difference.

So... Shall we all slag off a top world rider more? Or bare in mind that he hasn't posted this vid to the forum, in fact probably filmed it in order to benefit his own technique.

I agree that the quality isn't up to scratch, but the comments in regard to his bar angle... His riding is double what you are all capable of.

Edited by harmertrials
  • Like 1

What about the Ozzy guy?

All but this comment :

i would much rather watch a video like this with the worlds best comp rider showcasing his skills then some person hoping about on a kerb but edited to holy f**k and playing with camera angles to make everything look big.

I like all vids or at least I'm willing to watch and I understand that not everyone has the eye for shooting vids.

• Like 1

EVEN !!!! if you buy the cheapest GoPro. and a 10 quid mini tripod it would look GOOD !

has he gone to extra efforts to find a camera thats shit. ??

he is an amazing rider. the moves a big. his comp skills are AMAZING !!!

but....

theres no way I can remotely enjoy a video of someone riding 20" wheels with upside down handlebars and duel maguras, filmed on a wobbly crap camera. then edited even worse...

visually, the best thing on there was that dogs face... and that isnt saying much !

Aran

So... Shall we all slag off a top world rider more? Or bare in mind that he hasn't posted this vid to the forum, in fact probably filmed it in order to benefit his own technique. I agree that the quality isn't up to scratch, but the comments in regard to his bar angle... His riding is double what you are all capable of.
I'm am in no way doubting that fact lad, I'm not slagging him off. Like the other thread, its what works for you. Was merely passing my own thoughts on it, that is all :)
  • Like 1

I totally agree about the bad quality of the video, but still we("sofa-riders") have to show some respect for a world champion.
I think he doesn't have much energy/interest for video editing. after 6 hours of daily training (6 days a week).

Personally, I'm happy with every online-video stuff about trials, cause i remember the times when i could only get them on VHS tapes....