Hope BMX hubs

J.KYDD

If they did one with disk mounts, the cheque is in the post straight away

If they are designed with bmx in mind, which they are, disc mounts are pointless. It will go one of two ways in bmx though, flop majorly or take off massively. I have a feeling it'll become a pointless product for Hope.

If they are designed with bmx in mind, which they are, disc mounts are pointless. It will go one of two ways in bmx though, flop majorly or take off massively. I have a feeling it'll become a pointless product for Hope.

If the BMX boys have any sense they'll see that it should blow any rival hub out of the water.

I use "should" carefully, as nothings been proven, but if the Pro2's anything to go by...

I literally can't ride with 48 EP now, they feel so dim-witted. That might be OK on street, but considering I pretty much only ride natural it's definitley an advantage to have more EP's

But if they're marketed for the BMX market I'd rather they make 48 stronger EP's than 80 weaker ones. I do only ride street but I feel no dfference in having half the ep's...

I literally can't ride with 48 EP now, they feel so dim-witted. That might be OK on street, but considering I pretty much only ride natural it's definitley an advantage to have more EP's

This.

Had a go on a mates stock a few weeks back with a Pro2 and I couldn't set up to save my life.

Don't forget gear ratios, folks. 48ep on the back of a mod (circa 1:1.5 ratio) gives an effective 72ep when comparing it to a freewheel.
Aimed at a BMX market, that's even higher as something like a 25:9 ratio would leave you rolling on a 133ep FFW equivalent.

More would be nice of course, but considering the target market and how much people have been whinging about this sort of thing...

• Like 1