Why did you start trials?

seaine

I was wondering what got you into trials?

I was an DH rider but was too young to drive myself to the track at weekend,so i started do track stands and all that stuff.

my grandparents lived in Newbury so when i was visiting there one time,i went into the local bike shop and "Tricks and Stunts" was on the TV,

I got talking to a lad called Chris who worked there and he showed me his bike,i was hooked from there!!

Still is different and cool as fuarkkkk.

I rode motorbike trials for several years. After a while I started noticing people playing about on trials bikes at comps between sections.

Not long after 2 of my cousins from hull got bikes, and I wasn't long behind. Realised how much more I preferred riding bicycles to motorbikes so gave up on enduro and trials.

The Bitches!!

Na I rode moto trials with my Dad for several years.. I ended up coming off the back of it one time and the bike landed pretty badly.. bent the exhaust and destroyed the airbox.. £750 worth of damage..

So my Dad sold It after repairing it (he was thinking about selling it before hand given they were costing too much to keep running)
Then one christmas He got me a pedal trials bike (it took months and months of begging) and Ive been hooked since (Y)

Wanted to take up trials for a few years now, got back into biking after years out because of a DH injury..I wanted a style of riding that didnt depend on other people,or dedicated trails,, because I've no mates into riding bikes, and theres not a massive scene where i live in ireland

so basically started watching videos, mainly Ali C and Danny mac, and decided to buy a fourplay and get back out there.

Rode park/Dj for a few years prior to it.

Scene was pretty big round my Dads way in Barton Upon Humber, and a few of my mates started getting into it. Dad bought my my first decent frame, a Neon Bow (Had a T-Bird prior to this but rode it very little) and I've been hooked ever since.

Literally, I can't go a day without thinking about riding. If Im not riding, Im doing nothing else.

Its literally all I do.

My wallet has suffered heavily as a result.

Loving riding at the moment. I can feel myself improving, becoming more confident and the scenes hopefully going to grow again locally.
Got two mates back into it, another's getting his bike sorted, my bro's riding more often again and I'm getting to ride with sound people during my weekends/weekdays off work.

Edited by Echo Lite 09

I think I saw it at an onza trials display in earls court, London, 2009... They were the ones who referred me to this forum. Got a tee signed by scott wilson and a bunch of other names, joe poyzer I think? I think I got an onza rip just before the show so I must have seen an internet video of it somewhere...

My mate showed me a video after our local dirt jumps were removed by the council. Got my first trials bike for my fifteenth birthday and never looked back... Plus a collosal disregard for my shins and wallet...

Seeing Tom Rankin riding his old mission jumping jack waay back in the day. I always wanted one and to be able to ride like him. Finally got a jumpin jack in 2003. Rode for about 6 years with many different bikes/injuries. sold my bike due to epic skintness. Now been riding again for about a month :)

Ben

When I was younger, my friends were all bigger and heavier than I. We used to ride normal crappy bikes around the village, and they all got loads of punctures. I felt super left out so started ramming in to curbs so I got some too.

To look like I considered them an inconvenience like my friends seemed to, I had to buy better tubes and tyres to stop it, so I had to go from higher and higher/further and further away to keep getting them.

Eventually I realized it was actually kinda fun without getting punctures, so started trying to do cooler stuff - punctures or no. Sorta evolved from there really.

• Like 3

I was a late bloomer, my first proper trials bike was a merlin, if anyone remembers those, red tomac edition hs33's, panaracer fire Xc tyres. It just kinda escalated from there to the point in my 30's where I have a decent job so I can afford proper gear now that I want, rather than scrimping on secondhand pieces of crap. The first lad I saw doing it was a lad from selby on a monty, but I can't remember his name. He was a very good rider though. I used to do some moto trials as well. But it's the ball ache of having to sort the trailer out and all the other shit that made me stop