world cup round 1 heubach(ger)

FamilyBiker

author of the video:

OD Films

In the following video I try to give you a view in a very difficult world cup. The world cup took place in Heubach, Germany.

What you can see are the riders struggling on the sections. Also myself had problems during filming.
In spite of the bad weather I tried to show the good side of the riders in a relatively good video.
I tried to show the beauty of the first World Cup, too.
Big thanks to the support of Trial Inside, who made this video possible.
seems that he didnt include all the dabbing in the mud and showed us only the good stuff
maybe thats why the video was so short

Seems to me that if Gilles ran a normal bar angle (like everyone else), he might've been better able to cope with the mud (like everyone else) :P
The way he was talking about it I'd expected a swamp rather than a fairly muddy field. I understand the reasoning behind the objection, but fear it was a bit of an over-reaction.
It was nice to see the mods get a bit more coverage than normal though. Able Abel!
  • Like 2

Stop hammering re bar angles and just appreciate how unbelievable that video was !!! I was lucky enough to see these guys (but not Gilles) ride at Koxx days and the video doesn't do them justice !

That sidehop that Vincent and Abel were filmed doing is insane !?!? Must be like 54/5 inches ?

Also shame there was no footage of jack in there too

Was not their, cant ride like them and never will, only my opinion. But I have organised afew events and know how hard it is to get the sections correct, especially when the weather changes on the day. Maybe UCI events have changed to a level where if its not sunny and a coffee shop next to each section then its not a proper trial. I thought trials was about dealing with the conditions and the sections in front of you. (dangerous parts are an exception as nobody should get hurt) The video looked like and again I wasnt there that the riders shown were coping with the sections and the results although high still showed that if you can adapt to the conditions then you do well. maybe its just not the British that do moaning about everything after all!!

Maybe Gilles should stop riding in dusty caves all winter and go down the woods on a wet rainy day and do some proper winter "training".

Anyone remember the days where the pros would be happy that they would have the edge on their rivals because it was wet?! I always felt sorry for Kenny B running the Hot S tyres though. Riding them in any section was tricky enough never mind in the wet.

• Like 1

Hmm, The video definitely doesn't show how bad the sections were, I was there and it was a mess. It was even difficult to walk from one section to the next without falling over, spectators couldn't really walk up to the sections as they just fell over :P I don't think any riders were complaining that they had to ride in those conditions, sure everyone prefers to ride in the dry and the sun but it was more the fact that the sections were not slightly adjusted to the conditions. On Saturday in the qualifying that wasn't really a problem as the danger to the rider wasn't so much. But some of those jumps in the final are huge and really pushing the limits of those riders. You only have to look at the score of someone like Andrei, an amazing rider, who has done endless comps around the world, I remember in Japan in 2005 where so many sections were cancelled during the trial as the conditions were like a monsoon but the sections were not dangerous still. Andrei didn't even make it out of one section in the file which I think shows just how big that stuff was. It's not good for the sport when people come to watch and see just 3 riders finish a section in the final and some sections which were impossible for everyone. Also the lack of a wamr up area didn't help, when you have 50 riders trying to warm up on 3 logs it just isn't fun. I feel sorry for the organisers as they did put alot of effort into making those sections, they were there for over a week and in the week we had 24/25 degrees then on saturday 5 degrees and rain so that wasn't easy. It's just a shame they didnt delay by hour or something and a quick change of the marker positions to make the sections a little easier. But your right at the end of the day the sections are the same for everyone and if you look at the results the order is probably the same if it is wet or dry, it was just the unnecasary danger in some places that put people down.

• Like 3