Heatsink coust pads SHOCKING !

Neon-trials

Even if it is glue there's no getting away from how dog shite the design is ! It's glue it's pad it's fooking sh*t what ever it is !

Give me my burrito!!

I don't even know why I'm arguing this I removed my plastic backs Cousts and put them in cnc backings to stop the flex (which was a terrible idea btw incase anyone wants to try it, they don't honk nearly half as loud) and I specifically remember thinking the same thing put I poked the yellow bit with a Stanley knife and it is much much harder than hsy pad.

Sorry to say this Dan, but it isn't glue, it is pad material under there.

This is how the french do it to get the 10mm of pad material. The pad material underneath is ment to give a better surface to bond the new material to ( a lot to do with certain epoxies being desinged purely to create strong bonds between 2 faces of the same material), but I agree, it's not a good way to do it.

Had the same thing happen, got in touch with steve and he sorted it out straight away, sound guy (Y).

Cheers,

Josh.

I had this problem a few months back. I got in contact with Steve and had a stern word with him and the 10mm cousts stopped being produced for a while. Just to clarify this problem has now been corrected and the 10mm redesigned coust pad are now available from heatsink and are now recesses and glued in the proper method.

Genuine cousts (please no one argue that they are the same, as I've bought both and they don't even look the same; let alone perform the same)are made in the same way. Been running them for the last 3 years front and rear and never had any issues.

• Like 1

Give me my burrito!! I don't even know why I'm arguing this I removed my plastic backs Cousts and put them in cnc backings to stop the flex (which was a terrible idea btw incase anyone wants to try it, they don't honk nearly half as loud) and I specifically remember thinking the same thing put I poked the yellow bit with a Stanley knife and it is much much harder than hsy pad.

You can have Ur burrito but Ur still wrong mate !

Okay I put my hands up and apologise :)

Maybe super glue residue coated the pad making it appear a lot harder and making me come to my conclusion.

Yes dan. That's exactly how it is :)

Heatsink have started doing this because of me. i wanted my cousts out of their plastic maggie back and into a heatsink cnc V backing. So i got the cousts out of their maggie backing and found that they had a rubber plate in there (just like the one you see in the picture) (i'll point out these are "original" cousts) and sent pictures to Steve, he asked me to send them to him and he switched the pads over and knicked the 'original' coustellier pads idea.