How hard is to get your own apartments in UK?

CriminalRider

I find the UK to be a great place to live with good prospects, tools to establish yourself and jobs openly available for able and willing people with a good work ethic and professional outlook.

As such I have never found renting a house difficult, (I have rented since I was 17, 23 now) and it is certainly one of the most rewarding and educational things you could possibly do as a younger person.

Sooner you learn to live by yourself, the sooner you have to provide for yourself and the sooner you grab work by the balls and get hungry.

Edited by Pashley26

I've rented since I was 22, I've now moved in with my bird and are looking to buy our house off the council, she has a load of discount for being a council tenant for so many years. It definitely changed me for the better, as jardo says it's about taking life by the balls and making it work. Plus theres the sense of wellbeing of knowing that you worked hard to get where you are, rather than having it handed to you on a plate

• Like 1

I bought my house in 2002, making the most of hsbc's 100% graduate mortgages, paid 62k for a 3 bedroom mid terrace in Lichfield (certainly not a cheap area). A month before the banks crashed I got a 1% tracker mortgage which basically means that whilst the interest base rate is at the currently low of 0.5% my house is costing me less than 250 quid a month! Including life and illness insurance policies it comes to a little over 350 quid.

I earn the UK average, a low wage given my job and duties but it covers the mortgage and keeps me comfortable. I got lucky though, I wouldn't want to be a first time buyer right now.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to be a first time buyer right now.

Why? I bought my house 4 months ago, I earn quite a bit less than the average, I still have money to go away for the weekend and live a very nice life at the moment.

If you're committed to buying it's ok, I put down 15% and it's easily possible to save that much - people just get distracted going on holidays all the time, buying the latest gadget etc. Made even easier when you only need a 5% deposit now.

You pays you money, you takes you choices.

Some would rather live at home with mummy and drive a nice car and go on holiday every year, some would rather buy a place and not have so many luxuries. Depends what you're after.

Also I think trials is quite a middle class sport so you're probably gonna get a slightly skewed view on here.

• Like 1

Some would rather live at home with mummy and drive a nice car and go on holiday every year, some would rather buy a place and not have so many luxuries. Depends what you're after.

Admittedly I was just thinking this, if I didn't have my caddy I'd be able to afford to move out. I shouldn't dwell on it much as I hadn't thought about it before I got the car but I do wish I had my own place now.

You pays you money, you takes you choices.

Also I think trials is quite a middle class sport so you're probably gonna get a slightly skewed view on here.

Lol. I'm decidedly working class and happy with it. The only remotely posh trials rider I know is frazer, but he's from Harrogate so he's gonna be. Look at joe prattleys legs, then ask yourself if trials is a middle class sport.

Lol. I'm decidedly working class and happy with it. The only remotely posh trials rider I know is frazer, but he's from Harrogate so he's gonna be. Look at joe prattleys legs, then ask yourself if trials is a middle class sport.

I think Nick just means in terms of having the disposable income rather than specifically a person's character or whatever. If you look at comp riders, for example, dropping multiple £k's on a new bike for the new season and all that jazz suggests you're in a relatively affluent position if you can afford to spend that much money like that.

Is that even expensive compared to other bike related sports though? Like i've seen some mountain bike frames that were £10,000 alone which hurt my insides and I couldn't poo for a bit. Do people actually pay that?

I genuinely thought trials was pretty cheap in comparison, especially when people break so many parts etc.

Not arguing by the way, just a genuine discussion.

Edited by dann2707

Is that even expensive compared to other bike related sports though? Like i've seen some mountain bike frames that were £10,000 alone which hurt my insides and I couldn't poo for a bit. Do people actually pay that?

I genuinely thought trials was pretty cheap in comparison, especially when people break so many parts etc.

Where? What MTB frame is 10k? I don't think there's even a full MTB that's 10K.

P.S. Yeah trials is cheap compared to other cycle disciplines, but then most trials parts are shat so rightly so.

Edited by Matthew62

Why? I bought my house 4 months ago, I earn quite a bit less than the average, I still have money to go away for the weekend and live a very nice life at the moment.

If you're committed to buying it's ok, I put down 15% and it's easily possible to save that much - people just get distracted going on holidays all the time, buying the latest gadget etc. Made even easier when you only need a 5% deposit now.

Simply because I couldn't buy a 3 bedroom house here and have the disposable income to cover life costs. I bought my house for 62k, the cheapest 3 bed houses in Lichfield are 125k+ now.

I spend a lot of income on day to day things, very rarely go out drinking, never go on holiday and if I have a bit left over at the end I can spend/save it on hobbies. Yes I'm comfortable and could afford a bigger mortgage, the fact of the matter though is I have a family to support and I wouldn't want to compromise on my ability to do so.

I think Nick just means in terms of having the disposable income rather than specifically a person's character or whatever. If you look at comp riders, for example, dropping multiple £k's on a new bike for the new season and all that jazz suggests you're in a relatively affluent position if you can afford to spend that much money like that.

Ahh my bad. Got the wrong end of the stick. Was gonna say, I can't see any trials rider doing a 10ft drop gap then propping his bike up outside a fancy cocktail bar while he nips in for a woo woo

There are road bikes that are getting on for £10k, while they are there, people will pay the money. Simples

I'd guess 99% of people on here work or are in education and are therefore 'working class' but point is if you can A afford to buy a £300+ bike for fun, B have internet and C travel about to places to ride it you must have some sort of disposable income.

Can't imagine there are too many on here who are on the bread line.

Yea, my BMX friends told me that we are like the elite, the gentleman of the biking scene

Look at the Average bmx video and you will see people / kids doing tricks near people, jumping off buildings damaging the area with metal Or other heavy music

While we ride softly, tidily, away from people for chill music

Yea, my BMX friends told me that we are like the elite, the gentleman of the biking scene

Look at the Average bmx video and you will see people / kids doing tricks near people, jumping off buildings damaging the area with metal Or other heavy music

While we ride softly, tidily, away from people for chill music

WТF are you talking about? Most of the people are stupid and can't distinguish BMX from Trials + acting like an idiots when seeing someone doing biketricks (trying to learn you, lol, that your riding is unacceptable (BIEKS IS 4 ROADZ AND NOTING ELZEEE) and you are kinda psycho . And who "we" are riding softly, tidily, away from people? A lot of us likes to go big and to do some hardcore dangerous shit.

I get what you're trying to say, but people are stupid dicks and bellends and many of us have faced with this.

About riding away from people, it's so awesome and beautiful, but people are everywhere, so it's pretty hard to find good spot with no/not so many people around.

Edited by CriminalRider

The price of houses at the moment is so ridiculous.

It's gone to the point that I don't think I'll ever want to buy a house in the UK unless there's a HUGE crash in the market.

I graduated uni last year and currently earn 17k as a shop manager. I have literally no idea what to do with my life now in terms of financial steps.

Living with my parents is becoming a real burden

WТF are you talking about? Most of the people are stupid and can't distinguish BMX from Trials + acting like an idiots when seeing someone doing biketricks (trying to learn you, lol, that your riding is unacceptable (BIEKS IS 4 ROADZ AND NOTING ELZEEE) and you are kinda psycho . And who "we" are riding softly, tidily, away from people? A lot of us likes to go big and to do some hardcore dangerous shit.

I get what you're trying to say, but people are stupid dicks and bellends and many of us have faced with this.

About riding away from people, it's so awesome and beautiful, but people are everywhere, so it's pretty hard to find good spot with no/not so many people around.

I feel like you're pretty close to writing a book called 'Our Struggle' or something with the way you phrase things

• Like 3

The price of houses at the moment is so ridiculous.

It's gone to the point that I don't think I'll ever want to buy a house in the UK unless there's a HUGE crash in the market.

I graduated uni last year and currently earn 17k as a shop manager. I have literally no idea what to do with my life now in terms of financial steps.

Living with my parents is becoming a real burden

I earn less than that and have bought one. Living in the North makes it a lot more accessible for first time buyers.

EDIT: If there is another crash, which I imagine there will be a slight one in about 2 years, then although the prices will go down the banks aren't willing to lend.

Edited by shercofray

I feel like you're pretty close to writing a book called 'Our Struggle' or something with the way you phrase things

No, I just don't care about others. I think they stupidness is their problem. So I'll do anything to make my live awesome and beautiful and that's all. Because no matter how hard you try - you can't turn stupid animal-like thing to a normal, adequate, intellectual person. Tested more than once.

It's the same as if you dissatisfied with a place you live in: it's easier and would be more rational to move to better country, not to trying to turn your country to better, because YOLO (no jokes) and your life is pretty short to spend it on trying to do a life of bunch of stupid underdogs better. And they not even thank you for that. So in that case I don't see anything bad in that kind of behavior. Many people in many countries lives really bad and who's to blame except of themselves?

Today we have Internet and all the information of any kind (any books, any documentaries, any science articles) are available to everyone. You can get uni class education just by sitting at home. But this assholes prefer facebook and watching funny cats from youtube, so I don't care about their troubles.

Edited by CriminalRider

What are you actually like in person?

From your posts on here I picture a really aggressive skin head guy that knocks people out for fun.

Knocking someone out for fun is unacceptable for me. There should be a reason to knock someone out.

IRL I'm pretty good, calm and gentle if there are no reason to turn unkind.

If you believe in stereotype about crazy aggressive unstoppable Russians that can beat a shit out of 3-5 man in melee you are silly. Yes there are exist that kind of Russians, but most are just pathetic chavs and girl-like hipsters/mommyboys in skinny jeans like in other parts of the world. But overall living in Russia are more dangerous than in any developed country. I felt myself crazy extra sure and afraid nothing when I was in Europe (Finland, Sweden, Germany). European society are more "civilized" and polite. And your chavs and other scum are more pathetic and less dangerous than ours. They make me laugh even in 1 vs 3-5 situations.

This is one of the most important thing I love in Europe (other ones are climate and quality of life). I want to move in but I need to organize my moneymaking here in Russia to work remotely or to earn enough to live good after moving and ideally I want to get permanent residence easily, just for buying some good house/making investment for example.

I can give you some really good advice:

Do not judge a man by his words or by his appearance. You don't really know me to draw conclusions about me.