Modifications to make trials parts stronger

Jake.

It'd be easy enough to build a heavier bike by changing a few parts around. Don't need ridiculous frame tubing and so on.

Throw on heavy tyres and rims with DH tubes and you'll already be adding plenty enough to take some of the fun out of things.

We already run tgs bikes it's already not fun! :P

Or Curtis forks if you can find some. Its what Danny Mac used to use before Inspireds came out because he would snap everything else doing 500 hooks every night.

Yeah those forks were beasts, he ran them for ages. Kept having to bend them back into shape.

"modifications to make trials parts stronger"

That's what I keep thinking.

Modifications to make trials parts stronger

- How many parts have you snapped in your riding lifetime?

That's not the point

Umm.........

Edited by J.KYDD
  • Like 1

If you're snapping stuff I would say it's not because you ride light parts, but because you're as smooth as a sand paper condom. Making your bike heavier may make you more reliant on technique, but won't help you improve it. Stop trying to do everything as big as you possibly can and try to do smaller stuff as controlled, as smoothly and consistently as you can..

• Like 3

I guess what I should have said is, how to make stuff heavier without compromising strength, and if it makes it stronger then that's a bonus. Some good ideas here people, I don't think I'll be putting water in my tubes though, I'll probs put some steel forks on.

you want some handsomedog super strong trials forks? haha heavy like rocks and vee mounts, they must have antique value by now surely?

Damon might have them off you. Can you imagine those on a hashtagg frame?

you want some handsomedog super strong trials forks? haha heavy like rocks and vee mounts, they must have antique value by now surely?

are they the chrome straight leg ones with offset dropouts? I love those!

Hopefully not all of us on here have turned into high bb weight weenies so I'd like to ask, anyone got tricks to making parts stronger?

Was thinking of packing sand into my bars, or filling them with concrete.

SErx4.jpg

Edited by t33zr
  • Like 9

Haha it was a semi serious joke lads. Partially serious because I fancy seeing how hard it is on a mad heavy bike with a geo I like plus gives a bit more of a workout and partially a joke to see how you'd react.

I've been riding for 5 years this winter nick.

Go old school, dmr sidekick frame and fork, 24seven dark angel bars, halo rims. Tank spec right there!

I think I've got just what you need! Admittedly it's got a 24/7 suicide set not dark angel and DJ3s not dmr forks but with the 48h halo sas rims and dh tubes its close enough eh? I actually learned to ride street/ trials on it about 6-8 years ago. The other day I got off my fourplay onto this, tried a 180, and fell off when the rear wheel didn't leave the ground.

post-35328-0-23826200-1399102877_thumb.j

• Like 1