I got Danny Mac tyres! - New pics.

LEON

Got these today, pretty nice! Thick sidewalls, not too thick so they're only 30 odd grams more than Holy Rollers but much more pinch resistant, tread is pretty sticky too, feels good!

I won't be pedaling them on concrete though, I pay less for car tyres...

post-1701-0-21759400-1402068623_thumb.jp

post-1701-0-76185800-1402068653_thumb.jp

post-1701-0-17361700-1402068696_thumb.jp

Edited by LEON

1.First part made me want to know from where you've got them?

2.Second part made me not want to know. I don't really want bike tyres that are more expensive than car tyres.. :P

1. as mentioned above

2. They are the high end tires for 24 street trials. you can find 26 trials tires at the same price

Your tires are sexy, Leon

And your bike is like the opposite of mine by the choice of colours

Edited by HippY

Cheers! I preferred the Maxxis yellow logos but these will do I suppose.

It's one of those products where you can feel the quality, I'm very aware I have awesome tyres. I reckon a 26" version would be popular.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

It's one of those products where you can feel the quality, I'm very aware I have awesome tyres. I reckon a 26" version would be popular.

Know you ain't into it but you reckon these would be alright on the back of a pogo stick bike?

It's one of the few Trials specific products that isn't actually shite.... oh and made in Germany. :D

Edited by niconj

Thick sidewalls, not too thick so they're only 30 odd grams more than Holy Rollers but much more pinch resistant...

I reckon if they were steel bead the sidewall would feel quite noticeably thicker than the Holy Rollers, if that makes sense. Because the kevlar bead means they're a bit "whatevz" about holding a shape they felt a bit thinner than they actually are. Ali and I got to try a pair of single ply equivalent ones which were much more Holy Roller-y, but also had the dual ply equivalent ones that went into production and there was a reasonable difference. The thinner ones we used were almost 100g lighter per tyre from memory.

Had a go on Ben Swales'ss's''s's's Arcade at Stoke Plaza last week after he'd fitted his tyres and they did feel really good. Based on the looks of them and from that brief ride I'm tempted to get a pair, but I know that I'd basically be skidding and tyre sliding my way into a financial black hole.

• Like 1

I just got some too! aren't they fancy! didnt notice all the etching on the sides before, noticeably grippier and heavier than my old bald holy roller, but they feel more planted, bit weird to explain. either way, pleased so far, lets what summer can do to them.

p.s. no more skids

infact:

Pics

they green thing is a bell

Edited by Ash-Kennard
  • Like 2

Got 05 on the bmx now ken?

Looks good I want to try one of these tyres, can't pay that much for them though :P I'll wait till one of you boys has worn them down and don't want them any more ;)

Yeah mate, I wanted to liberate the bike from deng components. brake clamps are the only things left.

Coming from Holy Rollers these sidewalls feel more than thick enough, even just from doing some gaps & landing sideways etc, I can see it's gonna take a lot more to fold them off the rim than the Maxxis, which I was doing a lot. Heavyweight support without the weight, you won't need a DH tube, I'm using Tesco tubes just to see what I can get away with. I'll say one thing though, one of them was a bitch to get seated properly (rim is round, tyre was egg shaped) but I got there in the end.

I will also be doing NO more skids, I'll change back to the Maxxis if I feel one coming on. I like the little tread pubes they're covered in too.

I also noticed they smell quite strong, which has now filled my car.

Edited by LEON

How much heavier are they compared to holyrollers. only 30gr or more like 100gr as tarty suggest?

Would love to try a pair when my holy rollers are worn out.

And with two Danny mac tyres beeing just as expensive as one tyre for my car I can give them a try :wink:

Difference listed is 38 grams, you really ain't gonna notice that, the sidewalls more than make up for it too.

They actually came up about 2mm narrower and 1mm lower profile than my Holy Rollers on the same rims, so I have some clearance now. Tarty give measurements but they're measured on different width rims, 32mm (Maxxis) & 38mm (Conti), that might have a small effect.

And today, several days on, they still stink.

Edited by LEON