Your House is on Fire

aener

Genuinely, this.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I got this signed a long time before I joined Martyn's team. It just reminds me of 15years of incredible bike riding memories!

Sorry for rotation fail...

Rowan that's awesome! At Bike 2000 my brother caught a yellow Cannondale t-shirt which was thrown into the crowd, and Ashton signed it later. I think I wore that thing until it was just threads!!

My Laptop or my Intense SS1, depending on the insurance. (laptop if the bike's insured, bike if it's not.) Basically because the laptop's got the most stuff to keep life feeling normal while everything's screwed up, but if there's no insurance on it, then the bike for basically the same reason, as without insurance it'd be less essential/harder to afford, so more worth saving in my eyes.

First thought was car keys, but thinking about it, a locksmith to get me back into my car's a hell of a lot cheaper than a laptop or bike.

(Or if I'm being an awkward willy, my fireproofs from rallying, so I could go get loads of stuff ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Genuinely, this.

image.jpg

I got this signed a long time before I joined Martyn's team. It just reminds me of 15years of incredible bike riding memories!

Sorry for rotation fail...

See that's more like it. All this talk of saving computers seems a bit mehh to me. Surely there's miles more valuable things in peoples lives to save rather than a soulless box of circuits and processors? That's why I made the choice I did.

I had to answer this recently as part of a quiz for Hayley last week for how well she knew me. I picked my vinyl collection*, because I'm not an idiot and backup all my data off-site. Luckily, she got that bit right, but assumed I'd save my guitar.

That thing has never been the one I had stolen, so it's replaceable too.

*if I had to pick one, it'd be the signed 'Rueben - Racecar is Racecar Backwards'. Although I'd struggle not to pick up the limited edition Death From Above 1979 pressing. f**k it, I'm going to put them all in a box instead of a shelf so they can count as one item.

My parents went to the trouble of framing the condom I managed to break my way out of while trying not to conceive me, so probably that as a reminder of my determination; and in the house on fire situation, my will to live.

That is honestly something i'd expect dan to say :L

• Like 1