Kenny writes to Giacomo

sapu

Heard the stories as well, BUT as I stated like him or not from my outside view he seems to do more for trials than many others.

What country is these Rozz Cleytun from as I think he sounds like the type figure head we need in this country!!!! Is Jack worried? I hear he is best pals with another top rider with tights?

What is it with everyone bashing Kenny and not coming up any gossip to back up their claims?

If Kenny is proud enough to blab about how he polishes the Trials Knob of glory - if hes been a dick himself, he should be prepaired to get a bit of flack back.

I want to see the "letter from Rossy to Kenny".

• Like 1

Heard the stories as well, BUT as I stated like him or not from my outside view he seems to do more for trials than many others.

One thing i hate about trials forum, Chinese wispers, im sure there both top lads, regardless of that, theyv both done alot for the sport in some way or another, the thing is things get taken out of context and portayed wrong online, trials is a great sport in the fact that its not that big, and most people when you meet face to face are genuinely interested in the other person, but in the same respect its like a little village inbetween towns, everybody knows eachother and theres always some daft story about somebody or something.

Emmerdale mk 2 if you will.

One thing i hate about trials forum, Chinese wispers, im sure there both top lads, regardless of that, theyv both done alot for the sport in some way or another, the thing is things get taken out of context and portayed wrong online, trials is a great sport in the fact that its not that big, and most people when you meet face to face are genuinely interested in the other person, but in the same respect its like a little village inbetween towns, everybody knows eachother and theres always some daft story about somebody or something.

Emmerdale mk 2 if you will.

I heard a Chinese whisper that you owed Tarty Bikes money donkeys ago and still haven't paid. Any truth in that?

Or are you just pretending to be DW?

• Like 1

Now it gets personal. If you are not directly involved and only hear one side of a story then it is not a position to be openly commenting. If he progresses the sport, which he has then thanks from me.

I loved watching the comps on internet and its even more amazing being there and seeing what the top guys can do on a trials bike. I was truly gobsmacked in Norway last year at the level of Elite riding in UCI. We have been with Jack loads of times, but to see him and all the others at that level is better than anything we see here. I know Jack was Junior but he did go back after the elite final and clean all there sections!!

Watched modern family for the first time yesterday, Made me smile. Never watched any soap in my life ever as that is the main reason trials and this country is on its ass. Miserable and never happy. We need a joke of the day section on here like loads of other forums . Moderators will you consider? I start the happiness and love.

HUG A TRIALS RIDER TODAY :dance:

Edited by kevind

I'd have said Andrei and his best mate Rick were I the same boat as Kenny and Aurelien.

Funny you say that, I was actually chatting with Andrei about all this on Sunday. He says that despite Giaco went about this all the wrong way, there is some truth in what he's saying.

There is absolutely no doubt that Kenny is and has been a great representative for the SPORT, but he's not a good RIDERS representative. There is more he could do from his advantageous position to promote the riders.

The vast majority of pro riders are STILL heavily backed by the bank of mum & dad, or come from backgrounds where throughout their youth their parents poured endless money/resources into them. Typical 'comp partents'

There are riders though like Andrei and (especially) Janine Jungfels who have NEVER had this kind of backing and have always had to work extremely hard to both scrape enough of a living to fund themselves through the comp seasons, and put enough time into training to remain at the top level.

It's particularly people like this that Kenny is in a position to be able to support them better, but fails to

• Like 1

Funny you say that, I was actually chatting with Andrei about all this on Sunday. He says that despite Giaco went about this all the wrong way, there is some truth in what he's saying.

There is absolutely no doubt that Kenny is and has been a great representative for the SPORT, but he's not a good RIDERS representative. There is more he could do from his advantageous position to promote the riders.

It's particularly people like this that Kenny is in a position to be able to support them better, but fails to

How much of that is just going to be the total lack of interest in the trials that the UCI have, which in effect creates a glass ceiling for someone who is 'just' a riders rep can do? Poor prize money is pretty constant throughout all of the more fringe disciplines that UCI cover, so it's not like that's a failing of Kenny, it's just that they're working under an organisation that is renowned for it's corruption and poor leadership?

Andrei and Janine put out some cool videos and do their bit to raise exposure of trials in their own way, but if you look at the rest of the top UCI riders there are very few who do so some of the riders not really putting in much work in that sense won't really be helping by raising the profile of trials and making it seem of more importance to the UCI. In effect Kenny is having to try and deal with the shitshow that is the UCI while being undermined by the people who he's trying to represent?

• Like 1

Read Giacomo's response to Kenny's letter. Interesting points. Take world trials back to Natural? From a personal opinion I like that, as to me that's what trials is all about. BIU type sections with UCI rules and but professionally run. But then you are out of city centres and the uninterested masses. UCI although as I have stated was amazing to watch, but it seems to much about who can hook onto the biggest rock and then up to back. I cant comment on UCI involvement at world level, but if its anything like British cycling then perhaps it should be run another way. But who and do they make a business out of it and then the riders are back to Giacomo's last letter.

Read Giacomo's response to Kenny's letter. Interesting points. Take world trials back to Natural? From a personal opinion I like that, as to me that's what trials is all about. BIU type sections with UCI rules and but professionally run. But then you are out of city centres and the uninterested masses. UCI although as I have stated was amazing to watch, but it seems to much about who can hook onto the biggest rock and then up to back. I cant comment on UCI involvement at world level, but if its anything like British cycling then perhaps it should be run another way. But who and do they make a business out of it and then the riders are back to Giacomo's last letter.

They need to get back to when the World rounds were on the same day and locations as the Downhill and 4X champs and the lot was broadcast on Eurosport.

He's coming across now as a whingey little arsehole. If he thinks he can do a better job he should man up and swallow his pride, and go and help kenny raise the profile of our sport

He's coming across now as a whingey little arsehole. If he thinks he can do a better job he should man up and swallow his pride, and go and help kenny raise the profile of our sport

Kenny is the more popular of the two but reading it Kenny's just defending himself while Giacomo seems to be more passionate about getting the sport in general back on its feet. He also offers to attend meetings so you can't really say for someone who lives in a different country to do much more. He will have so many other riders talking to him as a high level rider to get his point across. The worst thing that could have happened was it be broadcast on social media instead of keeping it all between them, in my opinion they both come across as bad a each other. The pressure of Kenny getting all this from other riders has to be some what annoying though I understand that as it's mainly the UCI.

It would be interesting to see what other world ranked riders have to say on the subject (without second hand info).

Would resorting to holding events on the rocks instead of city centre not make it possible for more rounds? I remember even before I started riding going up and watching a world round at Addingham moorside. That's something the comp scene could use over here having a event like that held over here again.

But that will never happen as like Kev said British Cycling don't give two f**ks about trials. As far as they're concerned it's not exciting enough for the general public to enjoy as it's only one rider at a time and can be slow going (and that came directly from someone who works for BC, half of them live local to me).

• Like 1