Freestyl'Air in India

freestyl''air

How?  The people watching seemed to enjoy seeing people riding bikes, they themselves seemed to enjoy riding bikes, they're getting people more interested in riding (we had a surge in customers from India asking about Onza Skas, Echo Lites, etc. recently).

Maybe if some of the 'real' trials riders tried doing things like this rather than just looking after their own interests 'real' trials wouldn't be dying?

• Like 13

12 hours ago, Mark W said:

How?  The people watching seemed to enjoy seeing people riding bikes, they themselves seemed to enjoy riding bikes, they're getting people more interested in riding (we had a surge in customers from India asking about Onza Skas, Echo Lites, etc. recently).

Maybe if some of the 'real' trials riders tried doing things like this rather than just looking after their own interests 'real' trials wouldn't be dying?

You know what i tend to agree with you in a sence,Pure trials has gone as far as it can go in my opinion and with that its got that, ''to serious'' vibe about it,which i think puts the public off /does not peak their interest.

People like danny and ali took it to another level which introduces more creativity and the fun vibe back in to trials and this in my opinion has caught the attention of the public once again.

It would be great to see the worlds top uci riders think out side the box a little more and imcorperate something fresh,new and exiting back in to the sport.Not only for themselves but for the public.

Look at chris akrig (spelling) for instance he's taken all kinds of bike riding to mould it in to something which i think is really cool,I love the trialsy enduro stuff as it spices up trials and enduro type riding.

Nah, they did ask about Inspired Flows too, but I wanted to point out that they were also asking about more out-and-out trials bikes too.  Watching a street trials demo doesn't mean you have to get a street trials bike - it's just a gateway, then people can go from there.  Had similar conversations on the phone with people in the past which I why I don't buy into the "This is killing trials" thing.  One of the worlds top comp riders not going to World Cup rounds and not qualifying for the Euros because he decided to ride a demo seems more 'damaging' to me...

• Like 1

I think canard is just saying he finds their style is so abhorrent, lackluster, video game-y,  however you would like to describe the feeling you have when you watch them ride... Classic French street footjams off everything etc etc

I used to to be a "hater" of this style as well, but in the end they are just riding their ass off and the riding is so dialed...plus they look like they are having fun doing it and increasing the publics knowledge of our sport - all good things so you can't really fault them.

keep on riding frenchies B). Would be cool to see a natural video from you guys

Edited by AndyT

Aurelien fontenoy. French long bike rider. Rides with just as much vigour as these boys albeit on a long bike or a mod. Loves an up to front. Nuff said. Between these two and him, trials isn't dying. Only set of riders just recently that look to be genuinely having fun and not in it for the money. Think of that what you will. Crack on boys

• Like 1