EU Referendum

J.KYDD

EU Referendum   

54 members have voted

1. 1. How are you voting?

• In
    • Out
    • Undecided

May's said she's going to Brexit the f**k out of things.  She was pretty quiet in the campaign, i.e. probably in favour of Leave anyway, plus she'd become even more unpopular than she inevitably will be if she essentially tells 17million people directly to f**k off by running a second referendum.

Doing something to decide our course out of Europe would make more sense, but I don't really see that happening.  Equally, not sure how much wiggle room there would be for deciding that kind of thing anyway as most of the EU are basically saying "Norway or Nothing".

Also, last week, the newly created “Under Secretary of State for NHS Productivity" has called for an inquiry into the possibility of running the NHS using funds from insurance or charges, rather than using the current tax-based system.  That's being run by members of the House of Lords, a bunch of whom are all fairly staunchly pro-privatisation of the NHS.  I can imagine that will be fair and unbiased.

EDIT:  Also, I imagine that the reduction of austerity measures by our government had nothing to do with this coming out whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Luke Rainbird said:

:facepalm:

It's fine i'm used to it by now. It's when people tried forcing me to vote or got pissed off at me for not voting at all that really irritates me. 

I wouldn't dream of forcing someone into doing something they don't want to do or don't know about. 

6 hours ago, dann2707 said:

Not a f**king clue mate. I don't do politics.

I genuinely couldn't care less either.

The unfortunate truth is that this is the best attitude to take. None of us here have any power, we're just duped into thinking we do, and so we cling onto useless hope while the same powerful people repeated butt f'ck us.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dann2707 said:

Not a f**king clue mate. I don't do politics.

I genuinely couldn't care less either.

I never used to, now looking at getting a house and kids in the immediate future it's started to matter quite a lot...

12 hours ago, Tony Harrison said:

None of us here have any power, we're just duped into thinking we do, and so we cling onto useless hope while the same powerful people repeated butt f'ck us.

See you say that but the referendum was one of the few things where the people have had a real say in what goes on and... we've been butt f**ked by the older generation who have been told by the Sun that a bunch of Polish builders, cleaners and fruit pickers are destroying their country. 

26 minutes ago, Jolfa said:

I actually think it was more our own age group who are just thick as f**k, I'm acquainted with a few too many :(

Possibly - there was so little turn-out for younger people though it didn't make much of a difference.  That was what skewed the stuff people were saying after it about how X% of 'young people' voted Remain but Y% of 'old people' voted Leave.  If only a small percentage of 'young people' actually bothered to vote then that's all there is to it, really.  Older people just look after their own interests more I guess which is fair enough.  We're all allowed to vote, if you don't bother then people shafting your interests to benefit their own is the price you pay.

Dan - that depends how involved with it you want to get.  There are a fair few elections (from council level shit up to general elections), and every councillor, MP, lobbyist, campaigner, etc. started from not being engaged with the whole process.

• Like 1

3000 Lloyds employees losing their jobs partially as a result of predicted economic slow-down due to Brexit - I assume those dudes didn't get the "Just work harder" memo from team Leave post-referendum.

EDIT: Also, Owen Smith and his millionaire friends can f**k off with their high court leadership election challenge bullshit too.

That seems kind of odd - BBC are the only place reporting that, and it seems to just be from a Tweet that the Lloyds Twitter account made when someone chatted shit about them doing it just to protect their own interests because their profits were going to get squeezed post-Brexit.  They definitely had the plans in place to cut jobs, but the additional ones that have just been reported - from the statement the Lloyds CEO made afterwards - seem to suggest that the need to save money due to the change in interest rates and the consequent drop in money they're going to be making are the main cause.  It's literally only the BBC who reported that, and the only 'confirmation' appeared to be that one Tweet?  Tried searching for other info about that 'confirmation' and couldn't find anything.  Happy to be proved wrong on that point though, just seems weird that the statement and release from Lloyds seem to not mention the pre-referendum timing of it, and literally no other news website mention that aspect?