Sidehop Game (PC / android)

omgnoseat

promo_medium.png

Hey there, been a long while since I've posted anything here. 
I've been having trouble with my health since 2013 and can't ride anymore, but trials has always been on my mind.
I had to ignore anything related to trials for a while since it was just a bit too painful to be confronted with it.

More recently I've come to terms with it all and decided to make a little game around sidehops.

giphy.gif

It's a pretty simple game, but I put a lot of love into it. Most characters are references to real riders too!

It's available for free on PC and android.
The game's not quite done yet, but it's getting there.

PC: https://eendhoorn.itch.io/sidehopper
Android Open Alpha signup: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.eendhoorn.sidehoppin 
Android store url: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eendhoorn.sidehoppin

I would like to make an iphone/ipad version as well but unfortunately there are some costs associated to that.
It would be great if you guys could help me out with the funding for the iphone/ipad version.
It's totally optional, but you can make a donation on itch.io when you download the game;

download.PNG

Or you can donate via paypal here

If you'd like to know more about my company, Eendhoorn Games, you can check me out here;
https://twitter.com/EendhoornGames
https://www.facebook.com/Eendhoorn

If you have any questions or feedback, let me know!

(Oh and btw, I'm totally out of date with biketrials networks on the web, if anyone could suggest me any other places I could post this that would be great!)

Edited by omgnoseat
broken url
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Paperclip said:

I am on ios but really cool what you have done. Sorry to hear about your health problems. 

Ahh I was afraid a lot of people were on ios here, I hope I can get a ios version out in the future :(

20 minutes ago, ItsMatt said:

good lord I'm in love, sharing this everywhere. 

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aener said:

This is one of those things that's FAR too fun :D

Love, love, love it.

Thanks! You might not realise it but there is a character inspired by you in the game :P

5 hours ago, Guillermo Marin said:

Haha that looks great dude. Good work!

Bunnyhop next time? :D

I really want to make a full biketrial multiplayer game for PC,  but it's risky to make something with such a small audience :(

1 hour ago, Clownbike said:

I got 25 in a row! ^_^

This is a great game - well done!

Thanks! 

I already received some donations,  I'm so humbled.  Thanks a lot guys! 

42 minutes ago, omgnoseat said:

I really want to make a full biketrial multiplayer game for PC,  but it's risky to make something with such a small audience :(

That happened to me after to be working during months.. 

Take a look my game, maybe you will get some ideas for yours. (only for pc)

https://mega.nz/#!tREnAKqb!765KTxMsXJFL6Q_4uzR2ysU3zXIKT3-EHapbZYaghdA

1 hour ago, Guillermo Marin said:

That happened to me after to be working during months.. 

Take a look my game, maybe you will get some ideas for yours. (only for pc)

https://mega.nz/#!tREnAKqb!765KTxMsXJFL6Q_4uzR2ysU3zXIKT3-EHapbZYaghdA

Yeah I remember your game! It's the reason I allocated some time to make this game, since I knew your game was loved in this community :)

On 13/09/2016 at 5:23 PM, omgnoseat said:

Trials HD is a super successful multi platform game.. there is a good audience for it but they don't know it yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItsMatt said:

Trials HD is a super successful multi platform game.. there is a good audience for it but they don't know it yet.

I've still got the original trials games from miniclip that came out about 15 years ago and I still prefer playing them to any of the modern ones. 

An oldie but a goodie, It's probably bout time this got another outing.

Pedal of honour flash game

Not my game, but a pretty good boredom killer. Controls are the directionals, press & hold up to gap, up + left/right gets it to bitchhop sideways, left/right to hop round in a circle. It's a 'the floor is lava' type gig where if you miss you dab and spawn.  

Great to see you back on the forum :) Sorry to hear about your health problems, it's more than understandable that you would want to detach yourself from the sport completely. Although you could have hung around in chit chat if you wanted to avoid trials riders.

Looking forward to trying the game out!

On 9/18/2016 at 2:27 PM, isitafox said:

Could you make something similar with gaps? Could make the official TGS game! 

Yeah I was thinking about that too, but right now I'm a bit too busy with my main project.

On 9/18/2016 at 3:23 PM, Canardweb said:

When will the iOS version be available?

The game is pretty much done, I just need to buy the license to develop for apple projects, and then it takes a bit of time to submit it to the appstore and get it approved. I wasn't willing to pay that out of my own pocket, but I might have to since the android version is not generating any money haha.

On 9/18/2016 at 4:47 PM, ItsMatt said:

Yeah, but the scope of such a game is a bit too large for just a single person haha. And besides, biketrials is a lot slower and more static, which makes a lot more boring for people who don't have any attachment to the sports.

20 hours ago, Greetings said:

Great to see you back on the forum :) Sorry to hear about your health problems, it's more than understandable that you would want to detach yourself from the sport completely. Although you could have hung around in chit chat if you wanted to avoid trials riders.

Looking forward to trying the game out!

Thanks! I could have, but I would still be too curious to check out new videos :P

In other news, it's quite sad but the game has already been cloned :(

clone.png

I will have to put the development of the game into first gear now to avoid this other game releasing before me