Pad Reviews

Mark W

I used mine with a dead grind and tar, just after using plaz pads, and they were amazing.

on a try all rim i think, might of been a hog.

Matx

The would work well, doesn't matter if you have a good grind, a dead grind or a smooth rim, soon as you add tar your brake will work!

It is not realy possible to say a pad works well when you are running tar.....

I am running koxx browns at the moment on a light grind on a koxx rim and i LOVE them, seriously good pads, loads of hold, nice and bitey.

Adam

The would work well, doesn't matter if you have a good grind, a dead grind or a smooth rim, soon as you add tar your brake will work!

I am running koxx browns at the moment on a light grind on a koxx rim and i LOVE them, seriously good pads, loads of hold, nice and bitey.

Adam

So not true. Tar makes my brake absolute shit. Grind wise anyways. Smooth rim and zoo pads and tar = Unreal.

So not true. Tar makes my brake absolute shit. Grind wise anyways. Smooth rim and zoo pads and tar = Unreal.

My opinion is all smooth rim set ups are shit as they generally mean using tar which is shit and they usually have very little hold compared to a good set up on a grind.

My opinion is all smooth rim set ups are shit as they generally mean using tar which is shit and they usually have very little hold compared to a good set up on a grind.

But theres the arguement that you STILL have to modify your rim with a grinder in order to make your pads work. So NO-ONE can win this arguement.

Out of curiosity, what rim you gonna' be using them on ?

I've foudn they dont work well on echo 07 and try-all.

mine worked best on a echo 07 (Y)

But theres the arguement that you STILL have to modify your rim with a grinder in order to make your pads work. So NO-ONE can win this arguement.

grinds work in wet a lot better than tar does.....

Adam

you can say any pad works with a grind :S.

nice one lol.

Matx

you can say any pad works with a grind :S.

nice one lol.

Matx

No, no you can't. Magura blacks do not work on a grind, but they are bareable with tar, there are loads of other pads that don't work on a grind, you could say that zoo's don't work on a grind because they wear down too quick....

Anyhoo, this argument could go on for ever, and i realy can't be arsed.

Adam

Pads: Hope Mono Trial

Time used: 1 Year, ish.

Rim used: Monty TI

Grind: No

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Disc

What is your opinion of a working brake: Loads of bite, loads of hold, works in the rain, doesn't need maintenance.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: About the same really.

Review: Best pads under the sun!

:P

I jokes, I'm really here to do my brothers Neco Yellows.

Pads: Neco Yellow.

Time used: 3/4 Months.

Rim used: Onza Hog.

Grind: Sharp Medium

Brake used: 07 HS33.

What is your opinion of a working brake: Enough bite and hold for a 7 stone 12 year old, don't wear that fast.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Not as good as my Rock Blues on a heavy grind, but the grind lasted longer before it wore off.

Review: Pretty good, they need a fresh sharp grind to get the best out of them, but so far they seem ok, especially for £12 posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Pads: Adamant

Time used: 2 full days of riding (19 hours)

Rim used: Koxx/ Try-All

Mod/Stock: Mod

Grind: Yes

Brake used: Magura hs 33, Zoo cnc lever, 74 kingz tpa

Other pads used: Coust cnc, magura blacks, Kool stops

Opinion of a working break: Tiny bit of modulation, but lots of sound, bite, lock and hold.

Review:

I bought these pads from a friend for 5 pound a pair. i thought i may aswell give them a go on a grind (which is half dead) because they are very good on smooth rim. instanly after setting the break up, they were louder than my coust. once i had set them up and given them a good time to bed in they were perfect for me LOTS OF SOUND, excellent bite and hold, and good lock. This was a great boost for my confidence. Decided to add a tiny bit of tar- BIG MISTAKE. all it done was add noise and decrease their bite and hold. i found that for some reason the right pad wore a lot quicker then the left, my right has a huge noticable wear rate, but left is fine ( may have break issues), but for the price they cost me and they arnt over expensive to buy new they are awesome HIGHLY recommended I.M.O! I have some ZOO! pads arriving this week and they have a lot to live up to/ surpass.

Finally lecture over lol:P.

Cheers james.

Pads: Phat

Time used: 2-3 months

Rim: Try-all

Grind: yes

Brake used: Magura HS33, CNC lever, oil bleed, CNC backing.

Other pads used: magura swiss tops, heatsink blues and reds, neco yellow.

Opinion of a working brake: Instant bite and lock, no modulation.

Review: Brought these pads second hand, even then still a good amount of pad left. First used on a smooth rim, quite good but not too impressive, but with a light grind they really came alive! For a start they're LOUD! They instantly lock on both front n back, n hold very well. Fantastic pads, with a huge amount of material for a long life, would completely recommended.

Thanks Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Just got some new Koxx browns, a fresh grind, and oh my god. My brake is amazing! haha.

Took my booster off, and it got really loud (as expected) and it held way better.

Also got some of those new Try-All mounts, so I don't need the stupid plastic slave washers, and my brake is perfectly flat on the rim. Spent literally 2 minutes setting the brake up! Not the 20odd I used to spend trying to get the pads flat on the rim.

Anyone tried the new Try-all Croco Pads??

Yeah I've had mine on for a couple of rides now. probably not fully bedded in yet as they're quite a hard compound, they have worked well since I fitted them though. They seem similar to koxx browns but with more bite and hold. Browns were always my favoured pad before, but these seem even better!

I have them on an echo 07 rim with a sharp grind. The brake noise is fairly quiet (which I like) with a high pitched squeak as the wheel locks. Sounds almost the same as Plaz pads on a smooth rim...just quieter

Definitely recommended (Y)

• 3 weeks later...

(please note this review is based on me riding 24 ,so i dont use these pads for trialsy type moves :turned: )

Pads: inspired vee pads

Time used: about a week

Rim used: atomlab 24"

Grind: hell no

Ceraminc: nope

Brake used: neon vee adapter,hellfrauds vee brake ,avid sd7 lever,tesco cable

What is your opinion of a working brake: lots of modulation and great hold

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: better hold than heatsink reds on a smooth rim,less modulation though

Review : these pads have very good bite to them,but as i don't really want bite from my brake this makes me sad >_< but the hold on the other hand is very very good and these pads have a appealing pricetag too.i predict that these pads would be very good on a front vee setup on a trials bike,with the very good bite and hold qualities that they have im sure they would be winners .

steve

Edited by steve@banbury-trials

• 2 weeks later...

Pads: Inspired Vee Pads (Fat Versions)

Time used: App: 3 months

Rim used: Atomz (basically a try-all, trialtech, etc etc)

Grind: Yes (very light)

Brake used: V

What is your opinion of a working brake: Great hold, not to much noise.

previous pads you have used: Cousts, Plaz, heatsink snowies, yellows, blues, reds, koxx browns, etc etc

Review: Pretty much the best pad I have used (for my needs). They struggle on a dead grind in the wet, but I normally grind it before i go out in any wet weather. They are reasonably silent on a grind (just a swooshing sound) but the hold is really good, more often than not my tire slips before my brake does.

Good choice of pad, highly recommended for TGS riders who like to mix it up with some manuals etc etc

pad used: PHAT PADS ( thank you mike, these pads were the best gift ever given to me :D )

brake: magura 2004 water in side

booster: on my zoo i had booster but now on my czar no

grind: yes lets say medium :D

rim: dx 32

headset:czar ( doesn,t matter though but i wanted to say that :D couse i am soooo happy because of my pads)

these pads seems to work always, dry, wet..... working always. when mike gaved them to me this sumer i tought they were normal pads. i used them on my zoo with booster, and they didnt produce sound at all, but since i put them on my new czar with no booster they have been producin ultimate sound. they hold great, they wear slowly. i am using them with plastic backings and are working great, i can do pedal up to manual, and they bite when they need to :D great blue shit :D buy them NOW, i know they will be my next pads