Mark W

Pads: heatsink red cnc'd

Time used:about 3 weeks

Rim used: tryall

Grind: yes fresh, medium

Ceraminc: no

Booster: no

Brake used: 04 magura, water bleed

What is your opinion of a good working brake: Somtihng thats very loud and holds like a monster

Previous pads you have used: coust cnc, plazzies, echo 06

Review: CRAP!!! these are such a let down i cant belive it. They just will not hold they honk abit but when i spin the wheel they squeek really high pitched and just dont work.

Im so dissapointed with these pads i really dont know what to do ive set them up extreamly well and even tryed sanding the pad down abit but there just so crap its anoying the hell out of me.

They have no hold what so ever the bits just crap as well. :( all in all im not happy

They must be a dodgey set as everyones seem to be mint.

Pad Reviewed: ZOO! new

Time used: One month

Rim used: Echo 07

Ceramic: No

Grind: Light but sharp grind

Brake used: Magura HS33

Booster: No

My opinion of what a good brake pad should be like: Superb lock and bite, quiet and longlasting

Previous pads: Onza citrus

Been using ZOO pads for long enough i feel to be able to review them, and overall i am very very impressed. The reason for getting them in the first place was because i had heard so many good comments about them from other riders and the price i didnt feel unreasonable. From new i noticed that they take a bit longer than other new pads i have used to fully bed in properly even on quite a sharp grind, however after two or three gentle rides they just got better and better. They are quite quiet for me and lock and bite are superb when dry, performance although reduced isnt too bad in the wet either, pad ware isn't too bad even when run on a grind.

Edited by trials*

Pads: heatsink red cnc'd

Time used:about 3 weeks

Booster: no

Brake used: 04 magura, water bleed

What is your opinion of a good working brake: Somtihng thats very loud and holds like a monster

Previous pads you have used: coust cnc, plazzies, echo 06

Review: CRAP!!! these are such a let down i cant belive it. They just will not hold they honk abit but when i spin the wheel they squeek really high pitched and just dont work.

Im so dissapointed with these pads i really dont know what to do ive set them up extreamly well and even tryed sanding the pad down abit but there just so crap its anoying the hell out of me.

They have no hold what so ever the bits just crap as well. :( all in all im not happy

They must be a dodgey set as everyones seem to be mint.

bleed your brake, makes alot of difference IMO

Pads: Heatsink Reds CNC

Time used: 2 months

Booster: yes, Heatsink

Brake used: 05 magura, maggy oil

What is your opinion of a good working brake: Hold and bite

Previous pads you have used: plaz, koxx green and brown, zoo, heatsink snowys, heatsink blues

These pads are truely brilliant! Straight from the packet, they needed no time in bedding in, immediate bite, grab and a nice honk which adds confidence to your riding. They also offer brilliant wear life, been on my bike for 2 months and little sign of wear (Y) They also operate extremly well in the wet compared to other leading pads on the market at the moment. The hold was still the same as in the dry, as was the bite. In no way could i fault these pads. IMO best pad on the market and are well worth the price tag.

Edited by Ross Gardner

Pads: Heatsink Xmas greens

Time used: Nearly 2 months

Rim used: try-all

Mod/Stock: Stock

Grind: Yes(light)

Brake used: Magura, normal lever, normal hose, rb booster on 4 bolt

Review:

At first I wasnt that impressed. They didnt sound great and still dont, and wouldnt hold. After a week or so the hold and bite improved loads and bedded in nicely. They are also very impressive in excessively wet conditions. When used with a smidge of tar they have some noise, but for the majority of the time they are silent.

The wear rate is decent, worn bout 1mm in 2 months.

Pads: Heatsink Reds CNC Vee

Time used: 2 rides

Rim used: DOB

Grind: Medium

Booster: Nah

Brake used: Ultimate arms, SD7 lever, XTR cable (best brake ever btw)

What is your opinion of a good working brake: Massive hold and bite, don't like squeekers, much prefer hooters.

Previous pads you have used: Koxx Brown, Echo Red, Zoo, Adamant, Echo New compound, Plaz, Rimjam V3, Rimjam Blue, Phat pads, Heatsink coust, Onza citrus...

Ace, best pads I've used. Gotta say, i do love fat pads, but these are a little better hold wise and marginally bite wise too. These fannys who are buying them saying 'ah they don't work, its shit... obviously don't know how to set up a brake. How you can think that they are any less than amazing is beyond me. Also, the vee backings and adaptors are ace, as were the HS33 backings when I was stuck in the 90s using maguras :P

10 out of 10.

Edit: Looks like they are wearing evvver so slightly quicker than my phat pads too.

Edited by Quackers

Pads used - Phat pads

Time used - On and off for ages. This pair for 2 months.

Brake - 2007 HS33 water bled with a monty splitter.

Rim - DOB magnesium.

Booster - Hell No !

Other pads used - heatsink reds, Plazmatic CRM's, Rim Jam reds, Koxx browns, Koxx blues, Rock pads, Proto Heatsink pads, Heatsink blues, Coust, Zoo! (shocking), Echo, koxx greens.

Review - Any time i wack a new pair of this material into my backings i get really excited. ( I'm sure others who use them will no why). Anyway. I put them in to start with on a smooth rim just to try because id never seen what they were like. there were crap lol. But i ground my rim and they were set up square and flat and they were working an absolute beaut, mega lock and bite and don slip for shit. The only downfall with these pads is i get really sad when they start to wear :(. they last really long though so this isn't much of a problem :)

Get a pair !!! Best pads ever.

Edited by max-t

Pads: Echo reds '07 on the front

Time used: 1 month

Rim used: echo 07 anodized sidewall (mod)

Grind: smooth anodized sidewall

booster: they ont front with echo lite forks with reversed mounts

Brake used: HS-33 oil bled did run it with Deng lever, but feels better with standard Maggie one.

Previous used pads: Koxx greens, Rock pads Red, Plazies, Koxx reds, Monty shorty's, Viz yellow, Heatsink blueberry's.

Review: Aw-some works immense better than any other disk Ive ever had, they are so good it buckled my front rim and loosened all my spokes after 2 days :blink: the only downside is they don't work at-all in the wet, good choice for summer riding thought.

i would suggest putting them in cnc backings, as you get quite a bit off pad wobble but you cant notice it when riding.

Pads: plazmatic crm ont back

Time used: 1 month

Rim used: echo 07 (mod)

Grind: worn grind

Booster: built in booster on 07 Zoo! frame

Brake used: HS-33 factory bleed but feels like water :S.

Previous used pads: Koxx greens, Rock pads Red, Plazies, Koxx reds, Monty shorty's, Viz yellow, Heatsink blueberry's.

Review: awsome pads, worth the money, realy loud great bite, pretty good hold, not so good in the wet (my bike doesnt work very well in rain lol)

Edited by TOBY-E

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I got Heatsink Reds, and they were alot better than what people have said about them, I HIGHLY advice these pads, I was using them on a dead grind, and in wet weather, and I could swear it felt like I was riding a disk on the rear!

HEATSINK REDS FOR THE WIN

Johny!

Edited by JohnyTrials

Well today I got Heatsink Reds, and they were alot better than what people have said about them, I HIGHLY advice these pads, I was using them on a dead grind, and in wet weather, and I could swear it felt like I was riding a disk on the rear!

Johny!

Thats a bad thing init?? well in my experience is it!!!

Pads: Heatsink Red Vee's

Time used: 5 months

Rim used: Ronnie

Grind: Started sharp, but is now dead

booster: Nope

Brake used: Avid SD7 lever, SD7 arms, Avid Flack Jacket cable

Previous used pads: Koxx greens, Plazies, Koxx reds, Monty shorty's, Koxx red's, Koxx browns, Zoo's, Spanish Fly pads.

Review: Mega. Awsome hold, and grab, not so good on a dead grind, but still, Keep a nice grind and they will work awsome. There quite loud too thou. Think a booster will solve that thou....

Pads: Heatsink Red Vee ('08 front / older compound rear)

Rim used: Try-All front / Dob rear

Grind: Front - Sharp, light / Rear - Medium, never sharp because dobs are wank

booster: Nope

Brake used: Avid SD7 levers, Shimano XT cables then Front SD7 arms / rear Ultimate arms

Previous used pads: Koxx Brown, Echo Red, Zoo, Adamant, Echo New compound, Plaz, Rimjam V3, Rimjam Blue, Phat pads, Heatsink coust, Onza citrus...

Review: Love heatsink, these '08 pads are crazy. The bite, hold, noise is mental. Best pads I've ever used, probably going to get some '08 compound for the back too (and a try-all rim).

Best pads i've ever used and as you can see, I've used quite a selection.

Johny!

I dont think its actually possible for a rim brake to feel like a disk they are completely different. Just thought id be picky