Mark W

Pads: Phatpads in phatpad backings and heatsink backings

Time used: I think in total maybe 2 1/2 months

Rim used: Try all

Grind: Yes

Ceraminc: No

Brake used: Magura

What is your opinion of a working brake: Hold on anything and rather good bite

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Rather good but need setting up right, used croco yellows, echo greens, rock pad blues, black and red maggie pads lol.

Review: I found that these pads needed to be set up perfectly to perform well. However whatever the set up they had awesome bite. On a really really deep harsh grind they held well but they soon seemed to just not hold at all barely. Although to be honest I could have done with maybe more of a booster fitted and my grinds aren't the best in the world. As for in the wet the perfomance is not effected and do well.

Oh and the backings are very impressive!!

Pads: Try-all croco yellows in phatpad backings

Time used: 2 months

Rim used: Try-all

What is your opinion of a working brake: Hold on anything and rather good bite

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Best pads I am yet to have used but haven't tryed much. I have used phatpads, adamant white pads, echo greens, rock pad blues, black and red maggie pads lol.

Review: These were rather impressive, better hold than the phatpads but not massively, they perform across more set ups imo. The bite was rather pretty dam good. I can reccomend these but only because I haven't used much else. One thing though, the wear rate was not so impressive so again I am going to try something new.

Ordered some TNN LGM refills to fit into my phatpad backings and after a couple of weeks I will try and find time to write up a review.

• 2 weeks later...

Pads: TNN LGM

Time used: Few days

Rim used: Atomz?

What is your opinion of a working brake: Awesome bite, awesome hold.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Best ever! I seriously don't understand how people can't like these pads. Great bite, great hold, all good. If they aren't working for you, it's you that's wrong, not the pads!

Pads: Rock greens (from tarty) (front and back)

Time used: 2 1/2 hours

Rim used: onza something or other

Grind: No

Ceraminc: no

Brake used: Magura/V

What is your opinion of a working brake: good bite/hold

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: UNREAL!

Review: These pads are amazing i've only used magura kool stops before but these are unreal i didnt think brakes could be so strong! How ever the loud "honk" is starting to get on my nervs lol but dosnt matter, i would highly reccomend these pads to anyone with a smooth rim my wheel hasnt sliped atall, however for the 2 1/2 hours i've only done small stu

EDIT:

Bigger things: these are amazing for bigger jumps highly reccomend them.. theres not much more to say than i allready have, no regrets at all well worth the money i spent on them

EDIT2: Pads are shite in wet, let them get wet and your f**ked may as well use blocks of ice.

Laurence.

Edited by Laurence--Trials

Pads: heatsink yellows in CNC backings

Time used: a week

Rim used: BMF

Grind: light to medium

Ceraminc: no

What is your opinion of a working brake: bites instantly and holds

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: well i used coustsinks so both pretty amazing

Review: to begin with they were slipping quite alot and within a couple of days they bedded in and now theres a huge honk and instantly bites and will hold me pretty much everything i love these pads

Yeah, the shop you buy them from can have a massive affect on the performance.

It's always such a ball ache when you post something like that, because I really want to pick you up and ask why you have to pick up on every-f**king-thing people say, but then I know I'd be as bad as you so with regret I have to let it go.

Pads: Croco Browns

Time used: 2/3 Months...

Rim used: Onza Ronnie

Brake used: Hs33

What is your opinion of a working brake: Hold, not to grabby

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: Best I've used, previous pads - CRM's, Koxx Reds, Heatsink red/yellows, Onza lime's/citrus.

Review: They work, whatever it would seem, dusty, wet, hot, cold they just work consistantly and very well. On a medium/light grind they aren't mega grabby and modulate quite well but will hold very well! Really got confidence in this brake, very consistant!

Pads: Koxx bloxx reds in plastic backs.

Time used: 1.5 months

Rim used: zhi

Grind: Yes, mediumish grind

What is your opinion of a working brake: good bite, lock and hold.

How do they compare to previous pads you have used: beats my plaz pads!

Review:

At first wear rate was a few mm now they have basically stopped wearing anymore! They have good bite but the hold I would only give 6/10 as for the bite 8/10.

Overall 7.5/10 because they are fairly cheap and last ages!

That's the first time I've ever heard that said....

My mate had some on an Echo rim, best brake I've ever used, there was no slip at all, you didn't even need to squeeze the lever hard, the bite was instant, and it worked better in the rain than the dry.

I've also known several people from on here that swear by them.

That's the first time I've ever heard that said....

My mate had some on an Echo rim, best brake I've ever used, there was no slip at all, you didn't even need to squeeze the lever hard, the bite was instant, and it worked better in the rain than the dry.

I've also known several people from on here that swear by them.

and ive heard a few swear at them :P

Pads: Tnn Yellows.

Time used: 1 month on mod, 2 weeks on stock

Rim used: dx32 mod and trialtech stock

Grind: both smooth

What is your opinion of a working brake: good bite and hold on the mod but on stock seems to lack in bite but still have good bite

Review:

Worked great on my mod just not aswel on my stock!

Edited by LiamWood!

im not even bothering with you, you conned me out of 20 quid.....anyways, yeah the pads have been awful! they were "ok" when i ground my rim but it lasted about 2 minutes! have had nothing but trouble with them since.

From what I heard you failed to send him the right amount.

Why do i seem to be having no luck with my TNN LGM pads? Iv spents ages setting the pads up square, used new cutting disks on the rim left wheel in frame to iliminate contamination and there still nothing special.

Im using a monty rim however, Something to do with the material there made of maybe?