I Feel Old

Michael Hardman

God Im getting on. Finishing univerity in a few months and Im gonna have to get a proper job. Its at times like these I wish Id started ridng youger. Im selling my beloved DH to raise some money as I havent got time for it anymore.

Just thinking soon I wont have time to ride trials Im gonna have to grow up, something thats very hard.

Oh well ramble and rant over I hate all ther young people on here.

God Im getting on.  Finishing univerity in a few months and Im gonna have to get a proper job.  Its at times like these I wish Id started ridng youger.  Im selling my beloved DH to raise some money as I havent got time for it anymore.

Just thinking soon I wont have time to ride trials Im gonna have to grow up, something thats very hard.

Oh well ramble and rant over I hate all ther young people on here.

:- im young(ish)

18 in 4 months (Y)

My brother's 22, finished his degree, got a job as an analytical chemist in Langley, and he goes out riding every Tuesday (BMX night at the-skatepark-formerly-known-as-Playstation), and Thursdays, and does rock climbing on Wednesday, and goes out with his friends to the pub on Friday nights, with more riding on weekends.

Doesn't have to be the end?

what are you talking about? I am 24 and so is kev that I ride with and Tim is 21 and Kenny thats just moved here is 23!! We all have proper jobs (except Tim the loser hahaha halfords boy)

trust me once you get a proper job (or even just temping 9-5) you will still wanna ride your bike! We get out (depending on weather) at least twice a week in evenings and on a sunday! but i am riding tonight, tomorrow and sunday which is the third weekend in a row of just riding!

Kev and I are enjoying it more than ever and progressing faster than we ever have!! we have are also building up dirt bikes for the those summer days where its just to hot to ride trials.

Mike

Iam 17 i have no job at the mo i ride everyday with out fail (Y)

'I' and 'am' are 2 seperate words. If you want to shorten it use I'm. The apostrophe replaces the 'a' of 'am'. Right, now thats sorted...

When I get home from work I dont want to do anything, I wake up at 6.55, get into work at 8 and leave at 4 to get home for 4.30/4.45. Gotta watch neighbours until 6, and have a nap til 7. Then I gotta cook, do washing etc before I go to bed around 11. Throughout the week im pretty much always tired.

My motivation to do anything at all, eg washing up, washing clothes (my clothes have been in the washing machine, wet, for 2 days now :-), cooking, holding a girlfriend down, ANYTHING apart from TV/relaxing or going out I cant be arsed to do after a day of work. Saying that, I finally undished my wheel and sorted out my b*****d of a magura last night and had a quick spin in the rain - realised how unfit I am :-

All is not lost though, I still have weekends which are mainly spent recovering from hangovers, and I only have another 4 months of work before im free for summer when much partying and hopefully riding shall occur (Y)

I dont see what you are soo upset about.

I was 21 in december, and Ive been in full time employment for 3 years.

Get over it.

At least you had the oportunity to go to univercity, If I could go back, I would study something else, and spend longer at college and go to uni.

I'm 21 and have had a full time job for a couple of years, hasn't stopped me riding, if anything its been better (now got money for travelling and bike repairs). I dont plan to stop riding for a while yet, although I do lack motivation a bit riding is still fun and the only reason I'm not a fat TV/internet addicted lazy b*****d.

well it would appear that i am the youngest member to post in here i am only 14 and have still till august 22nd till in 15

but i bet i look older than quite a few of you (especially you michael) so dont worry about it

still i get child fares :D

Dan

thinking about it i have nearly 18 months til im 16 and 5years and 6 months till im 20 :P omfgg i am too young lol

Edited by Brisa~Dan

'I' and 'am' are 2 seperate words. If you want to shorten it use I'm. The apostrophe replaces the 'a' of 'am'. Right, now thats sorted...

When I get home from work I dont want to do anything, I wake up at 6.55, get into work at 8 and leave at 4 to get home for 4.30/4.45. Gotta watch neighbours until 6, and have a nap til 7. Then I gotta cook, do washing etc before I go to bed around 11. Throughout the week im pretty much always tired.

My motivation to do anything at all, eg washing up, washing clothes (my clothes have been in the washing machine, wet, for 2 days now :P), cooking, holding a girlfriend down, ANYTHING apart from TV/relaxing or going out I cant be arsed to do after a day of work. Saying that, I finally undished my wheel and sorted out my b*****d of a magura last night and had a quick spin in the rain - realised how unfit I am :P

All is not lost though, I still have weekends which are mainly spent recovering from hangovers, and I only have another 4 months of work before im free for summer when much partying and hopefully riding shall occur :D

dude you need to stop having hangovers, get your bike completly sorted and come riding, i havent riden in over 2 weeks now from a bad case of flu and gland problems :D but you have to come out soon, what are you doing next saturday? fancy riding cardiff? well i will speak to you on msn or PM me or something would be cool. im 16 and feel i am yet to peak my riding capabilities and age of which id have to/want to stop riding for years and years, in 15 years i can see myself still riding, i regularily ride with a street rider who is 28 and feels he is still progressing, and he really is. um sorry about the long post back to show....