Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Let's face it, life will run out before the women do. If you believe that the girl you're with is the only/last one out there for you then you're putting her in the position of power, and you may aswell have 'BITCH' branded on your forehead. I know this because I'm having to watch my brother get treated like dirt by his bird. She's a complete c'nt to him all the time and he keeps going back to her like a little lost puppy. It's making me angry just thinking about it.

3 minutes ago, Tony Harrison said:

you may aswell have 'BITCH' branded on your forehead

I was gunning for having that instead of a wedding ring, but she said no so obviously I backed down like the little bitch that I am.

3 minutes ago, Tony Harrison said:

I should've been clearer - I did't mean if you're married/happy with one person, I mean if your relationship with someone has broken down and you believe there's nobody else out there.

I'm only messing with you, knew what you meant mate.

6 minutes ago, Tony Harrison said:

I should've been clearer - I did't mean if you're married/happy with one person, I mean if your relationship with someone has broken down and you believe there's nobody else out there.

Glad you added this because f**k what you originally accidentally implied. 

4 minutes ago, dann2707 said:

Glad you added this because f**k what you originally accidentally implied. 

If you're happy with the woman you're with, as I have been on occasions and will be again, then the availability of other women ceases to be an issue. I'm not saying for one minute that being in a relationship with someone makes you a bitch, it's when the relationship is tanking/over/finished and you still let someone have control of your emotions. For the record I'm not saying Sam is a bitch either, but this is the point at which it would be easy to become one. I HAVE on occasion, been that bitch. So this isn't some elitist post.

• 1 year later...

Bump :P

I think I made a major life decision on the way into work this morning… Me and my girlfriend have been going out for almost two years now and I think it’s about time to call it quits. So far in my life I’ve never managed to really regret a way I way I feel, but I guess now I know what that feels like.

I can’t really put it down to one thing specifically, it’s more so I feel like I’ve been the one putting the effort in for most of that time and it’s not been returned in a way that I would like. We’ve talked about it before and we realised that she like words more than I do, she likes emails and letters filled with lovely sentences talking about how things are good and wonderful whereas I end up reading these and end up thinking ‘where’s the proof?’. I’m still trying to figure out if that’s a bad way of looking at it but at the same time I think I’m allowed to know what I want and value and head towards that direction rather than hoping I’ll end up there when in reality we’re standing still.

This comes under my first ‘real’ relationship so I’m feeling guilty about it. I’m worried that she doesn’t have a support network in London as her family live in Ireland and she doesn’t really have a lot of friends to put it nicely. I don’t want that to come across as a vanity thing, but maybe it is – I’ve never broken up with someone before so I wouldn’t know.

This is going to be a day of thoughts I think.

Give it a solid 24 hours thought before taking any action, and then have chat with her again about things. If it's something you've mentioned before then yes, she should be a little more aware of it but if it was just a single conversation in passing/similar then she may not have fully taken it on board. Lay down pretty much what you've said here and give her a chance to put things right. If that doesn't sort it then perhaps it's time to consider your options. Being your first "real" relationship doesn't necessarily mean it's not going to last either - whilst folk tend to go through a few before settling down (this is often due to discovering more about themselves, rather than the other person) there's no reason it can't be "the one" as thousands of couples around the country show.

For the record, everyone tends to express/receive love/affection in different ways (your OH with words, you with actions, some folk with gifts and so on) so don't feel like that is the deciding factor, it's actually a very minor one that just needs slight consideration from you both (Y)

• Like 2

Yea, I'll definitely give it a day or two before going through with anything.

I have been thinking about if for a while though and settled on thinking the situation might improve but whenever I look back I realise it hasn't. I've brought it up a few times and we've had maybe four 'big' conversations about it as well as other things that I'm getting sick of. She doesn't see herself living away from her family much longer, she wants to live in Australia for a while, she's constantly negative about how she looks... These things have been wearing me down a lot and despite talking about those things too, like me not being happy with her talking about moving away on a weekly basis, they never seem to genuinely progress, they might superficially improve for a week or two but it ends up at the same place.

I might just be in a weird negative mood today though it's definitely not the first time I've thought about being in a relationship that I'd like rather than the one I'm in. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

No longer teenage (unfortunately) but it seemed the most appropriate thread. 

In true possibility of just being a pussy, I can’t get past the trust issues my last relationship left me with and it’s really getting to me recently. Learning of how she played me and f**ked around behind my back has just left me with a head full of doubt and I don’t want it to happen again. 

Had loads of real good opportunities that have gone tits up because my head just shouts “no no no no” and it gets forgotten. 

Fed up. Winds me up because all my mate have suggested just getting my dick wet and forgetting about it, but it doesn’t work. A one night stand is well and good but anyone I see a potential relationship with I just panic and it’s a wright off.

Edited by SamKidney

Completely normal mate, 100%. As much as I understand your thoughts, the only way forward is to push yourself outside of your comfort zone. 

Casualhook ups can be a great way to help ease into things again but aren't for everyone. If you find a chick worth being with she'll understand what's going on with you and it becomes less of an issue, even if there are some frustrations for her too. Just be careful not to tar all women with the same brush as the ones you've described are the exception not the rule, it just doesn't always feel like it as they're also the ones that have the biggest impact and lasting impression.

• Like 1

Join pof or badoo. Get laid a lot. Ghost them. Dont even think about relationships. Dont even worry if they look attractive or not.

IMO once you get into this, you tend not to give a f**k about feelings, this sounds stupidly harsh.... And it is.

But
Then when you do meet someone you like NOT OFF POF OR BADINGA then you have nothing to loose and you haven't left your self out the game. 

Thats my bad advice.

Its not so much a "must find a relationship" job. Im not fussed on that front, happens when it happens. 
More worried when I do meet someone who I could see something developing with and not going for it because of a shit experience in the past.

Be reet I guess