Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

• 1 month later...

How about a funny story for you to laugh at my expense.

Go on a date on Friday and meet at the library pub in Leeds. She turns up and like she's actually not as fat as what I imagined.

We go to the first bar and as we're a at at the table, this guy comes up to the table with two drinks in his hands and goes. I just thought I'd get you these as your mrs is absolutely stunning and I'm thanking you for going out with such a pretty girl hahaha how weird I thought.

As we leave I thank the guy and she hugs him too and as she does she whispers to him he's not my boyfriend. So then he tries to get her number right in front of me. She nearly caves in and does it but holds back. Already thinking hmm ok

We then go to a place called mook and as we get there at the bar some guy tries it on with her again! Really quite pestery. He looks like a fanny from geordie shore or something. She doesn't turn him away to talk to me she like loves the attention :/ age goes to the toilet and when she does this same guy f**king follows her! Still pestering her. Again she doesn't say no.

Gets to about midnight now and she goes for a wee again... She doesn't come back for a while. So I text her asking if she's ok...

She goes "I feel really rotten I've jumped in a taxi home. I'm really sorry" I'm like rightttttt

She then posts a story on snapchat at 10am saying work in two hours and just got in...

Screenshot_2015-08-29-11-18-35_zpsoayvk0

That's the first time that's happened in 20 tinder dates :( the thing is we got on fairly well the convo was always flowing. It was like she was always tempted by those around her? Weird.

Edited by dann2707

Yeah there was a nice ending to it. Got a pint after she left in that bar and some girl came up to me and said are you ok you look lonely hahaha told her what happened and she said come with us! So went over to her group of work friends and we went out together. Got in at 6 so it wasn't all lost! Love Leeds

If you'd met her somewhere else etc, then I might be sympathetic, but it's Tinder - figures that there'll be girls using it for their own short-term gratification just as men will.

As for the situation, well it's a tricky one, because even if you'd said something to the guys hassling her you'd have risked alienating yourself and her using it as an excuse to go off with one of them. Thing is, if a girl is showing interest in other guys then it's best to move on. Some girls will want guys to fight over her, some guys will say if you're a real man you'd lay the guy out etc etc, but man, hoes be hoe'in and all that. I for one am not ever being a pawn in some attention-seeking girl's quest for (hashtag) validation. You're better off without her, I bet she'd loved to have seen a fist fight and then just pick the winner.

As Mike says though, does sound a bit clingy messaging like that - I'd have just blocked her number and looked for the next one.

(And also that guy buying you both drinks... is that some odd bit of game theory he's read somewhere, or is he really just that f'cking lame? Never heard of anyone doing that before.)

• Like 1

LameGameâ„¢ or not, if it works it works. Clearly it was better than whatever game Dan was using :P

You mean just standing there while a selection of random blokes try it on with the bird you're with has a low success rate?

Sounds like she did you a favour to be honest, G.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have let that happen if we were together but on the first date it's up to her to shun them away out of respect.

Yeah it's tricky because you don't want to appear possessive on a first date do you?

Rest safe in the satisfaction that when you both pass 30 you'll still be able to nob 20-something year old girls whilst most guys will be passing her by in favour of younger options. Girls like her are going to do that shit - she may aswell enjoy it while she can.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

met a girl through online dating, chatted for around 1 month and ive seen her 4 times (mainly within 1 week or so) i actually think shes pretty cool, she said how nice & fun it was and was up for doing it more.......now out the blue, havent heard anything for 4 or so days & every time i suggest meeting up a few weeks ago, she would get all funny with "ill let you know". time to move onto the next girl or is she playing hard to get? whats everyone's views, found another guy? i wouldn't normally write in here but my mind is constantly thinking about her??? no point in dwelling & now onto the next one if thats the case!

if you recon shes playing hard to get, whats the best way to deal with it? 

Edited by trials owns

My advice, leave it now and see if she gets in touch. Girls can be great at playing guys off and generally being time-wasters - don't be the beta chump that chases.

Once you can get the emotion out the way, fact is there are probably 1 million girls on this planet who meet your criteria (unless you're Dan, and then it's about 2 billion) so it's unlikely that your life is over if this one slips through the net. Thinking about her all the time, that's just natures way of tricking you into furthering your species. Ignore it and move on.

• Like 3

That's the thing, if she likes you she'll probably respect you more for not looking too keen. I know how it is - all guys do - when you like someone a lot and you really want to message them, but sometimes you're just mugging yourself off. We've all been there. Even last year I was way too keen with some girl, and in the end you have to just think hang on a sec, am I really doing what's best for me here?

I know I sound overly cynical about girls (funny thing is the only reason I'm online right now is because my girl - well, now ex-girl I think, because I'm tired of this shit - just got in a taxi and went home) but the thing is a lot of them are good at exploiting the fact that men really like them. I'd rather be the guy that walks away and finds someone more deserving of my time and attention that be yet another moth bouncing off the lampshade.

• Like 1