Danny Mac Autobiography - Just in time for Christmas

Ross McArthur

Leaked: 

In a dark, dark wood there was a dark, dark house;
And in the dark, dark house there was a dark, dark room;
And in the dark, dark room there was a dark, dark cupboard;
And in the dark, dark cupboard there was a dark, dark shelf;
And on the dark, dark shelf there was a dark, dark box; And in the dark, dark box there was a....Danny Macaskill. 

And on the dark, dark shelf there was a dark, dark box; And in the dark, dark box there was a....2009.

And on the dark, dark shelf there was a dark, dark box; And in the dark, dark box there was a....Mum shouting my tea was going cold while I played in my room. 

And on the dark, dark shelf there was a dark, dark box; And in the dark, dark box there was a....Ridge, hit fence pretty hard riding down hill, flipped. 

And on the dark, dark shelf there was a dark, dark box; And in the dark, dark box there was a....Dodge, Duck, Dip Dive and Dodge. Drop then Roll.

• Like 4

Love how they don't talk about the only video that really catapulted him.

"Danny MacAskill is a street trials legend and has inspired hundreds of millions of people around the world with his YouTube viral videos like Cascadia (16 million views), Way Back Home (38 million views), The Ridge (44 million views) and Imaginate (56 million views)"

10 hours ago, ItsMatt said:

I've been wanting to try a new kind of toilet paper..

Me again, in the dark dark wood in a dark a dark place.

He is a legend in street trials and occasional comp, which he added so much laughter and fun on the day. I have met him a couple of times and a nicer more down to earth human being with his life style I have yet to meet. He spent  a great amount of time with the young kids and some older fans when he has appeared, even when he was badly broken. You don't get to where he is without a huge amount of dedication and bike skill (and balls). Brilliant that he can make a living out of what he does. 

Edited by kevind
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kevind said:

Me again, in the dark dark wood in a dark a dark place.

He is a legend in street trials and occasional comp, which he added so much laughter and fun on the day. I have met him a couple of times and a nicer more down to earth human being with his life style I have yet to meet. He spent  a great amount of time with the young kids and some older fans when he has appeared, even when he was badly broken. You don't get to where he is without a huge amount of dedication and bike skill (and balls). Brilliant that he can make a living out of what he does. 

ok

1 hour ago, Tony Harrison said:

Funny how people release autobiographies so early. I guess perhaps it's done when the apex of the career is estimated to have been reached.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004C055AE/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

I thought that, but Danny gave me a bit what was going into the book and he's had a pretty interesting life! These last 7 years have been mental for him and he could probably have a separate book on each of the videos he's done.

I think the other reason to get them out sooner is that you can actually remember the details this way too rather than looking back after a few decades.

• Like 6

On 8/30/2016 at 0:23 PM, Tony Harrison said:

Funny how people release autobiographies so early.

In days gone by you had famous /infamous people releasing them when they were old or at the end of their career . personally I think it's brilliant that people are doing it when they are young .I would prefer to  read someone's AB while I was still interested rather than wait 20 years . Also if these people have a colourful /interesting time later in life then they can do another . ☺

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bit of a bump, but has anyone read this?

I got it a few weeks back and gave it a read. Fairly interesting, but ultimately let down by the fact that I'm pretty sure no-one actually proof read or edited it. Shame, because other than that it was a decent insight into his mind during planning and filming phases.