F1

Fish-Finger-er

To be honest, I hope Vettel comes back and does the same next year. He is so talented, and unlike Hamilton he isn't a dick lol!

Yeah, cos that'll make an interesting watch for us... Maybe everyone else should just take a year off so Vettel can be assured pole, fastest lap, race win etc. every time. I'd watch that for sure.

Yeah, cos that'll make an interesting watch for us... Maybe everyone else should just take a year off so Vettel can be assured pole, fastest lap, race win etc. every time. I'd watch that for sure.

Or maybe they should drive better.

I understand a fair amount of it is down to the cars, but without that sort of domination motorsport wouldn't evolve at the rate it does.

Where's the Button love?! What a drive despite some real set backs, he's been the star of the season for me.

I honestly thought he would be seriously outshone by Lewis when he joined McLaren... he's actually driven better than ever! His World Champion year was partially lucky/down to the car but he's really done well this year.

Keeping Webber and Massa behind whilst carry a useless KERS system was impressive! This season (and previously) his consistency and tactical prowess mark Jenson out from the others.

I'm not a fan of Vettel, don't get me wrong he is a (almost :P) faultless and phenomenally quick driver in an incredible car and team, I'm just not really that keen on a 'lights to flag' win with no drama's or sniffs of action. I'd be saying the same for Hamilton, Jenson, Webber or Alonso (who's attitude I hate). A race where the leader only gets gratuitous screen time and then shown crossing the line detracts from the race IMO. But then for the drivers they are probably the most rewarding, the races where they've clearly outclassed the rest of the field by a comfortable margin. I'm rambling now so I'll stop

Or maybe they should drive better.

I understand a fair amount of it is down to the cars, but without that sort of domination motorsport wouldn't evolve at the rate it does.

A fair amount? 95% of it is the car, put Vettel in Ferrari and he'd be 4th. Put Alonso in the RB7 and he'd be first.

Put them all in the same car and...? Will never happen but would love to see it.

Weelll, we know that jenson would be generally ahead of Lewis, alonso would be creaming massa and that webber would probably be last....

Personal feeling is that this years drivers end up something like this

1. Jenson

2. Alonso

3. Vettel

4. Hamilton

Put them all in the same car and...? Will never happen but would love to see it.

Ditto - that would be awesome.

I think for a single lap the order of the drivers would be different to a stint - Hamilton can drive a car to the ragged edge, but Button is kinder to the tyres over 10-15 laps, if you get me. Think Vettel must be fairly quick too as he generally ends up a fair bit ahead of Webber, but hard to say given the car he's in...

Ditto - that would be awesome.

I think for a single lap the order of the drivers would be different to a stint - Hamilton can drive a car to the ragged edge, but Button is kinder to the tyres over 10-15 laps, if you get me. Think Vettel must be fairly quick too as he generally ends up a fair bit ahead of Webber, but hard to say given the car he's in...

The thing with Vettel is that I'm not sure we ever see him fully on the edge. The fact he can usually pull out a fastest lap on the final lap of a race without trying too hard is slightly worrying. Obviously the car helps but he seems to (unfortunately) have an incredible natural speed and knowledge of how hard he can push 'safely' while still blitzing everyone.

I'd love to see another proper race like the Merc won that Senna one back in 1984. Fairly 'normal' cars, all identical, over a reasonable race distance (none of this 2 lap ROC stuff). Invite some of the yanks over from the US series so the F1 boys can piss all over them and see what happens.

Not really because SKY sports will also feature live F1 coverage for 2012. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

Surprised to here of 'Iceman' Kimi Raikkonen's return to F1 in 2012, with a 2-year deal with Lotus/Renualt. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15934329.stm

Not really because SKY sports will also feature live F1 coverage for 2012. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

Surprised to here of 'Iceman' Kimi Raikkonen's return to F1 in 2012, with a 2-year deal with Lotus/Renualt. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15934329.stm

I am not legally allowed to have Sky in my flat. Not that I could afford it. Most of the stuff on Sky is complete drivel and I'm not paying £100s to watch F1 races that no doubt will get the 'football' treatment. I am fully aware of the facts. Also the BBC chose their races very poorly indeed...

I doubt they had a choice if sky's power isn't already obvious.

I also think Vettel is a complete package as a driver (much as I dislike the chaps domination of the sport), his progression through back markers is usually astonishing, however thats usually accompanied by a closing mclaren being held up by all manner of poor decsions and lack of awareness from the rest of the field. Some of the moves/lines by the tora rosso (surprise surprise), suabers and the squabbling mercedes this season have had me on my feet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...