Onza.com

Havnt had a proper look at the site but first thing that struck me was once it loaded up i got what i thought was a shite photo for a companies website. It was the one of onza dual being rode down some pallets and someone else aswell to the left. I then went back on the site once id found out the picture changes every time and got one of wayne and it looked a hell of a lot better and more of a professonal look. What id say is only use proper good quality photos even if you only have 3 or so for the moment its better than lots of rubbish ones. Theres alot of riders on here that are big into photography and more than likely some of them will know your team riders so get them to go and have some pics taken, im sure the photographer won't mind aslong as theres a reference to him and watermark.

There's no 'Contact' link. :rolleyes:

I've had a good snoop round, please don't take this post as me bitching, just pointing out a few things that might need attention, constructive critisism and all that. :)

I'm not a fan of the random pics on the homepage as some of the pics arn't that good quality and doesn't do the site justice (like's been said above). It's the first thing people see and may not leave a good first impression. Probably a super trippy montage kind of pic with riders and bikes would be better.

The world map isn't nessisary as the uk is the only thing you can click on, maybe just have the UK only for the time being? I personally found the 'not an onza dealer' funny, but i can see why some won't like it. Maybe the pic would be funnier without the 'not an onza dealer' text.

On the news link at the bottom there isn't a space befor the dash. These links are also messed up on about2 when you change the window sise but doesn't do it on any other page. Also, those links tend to be higher on other pages and lower on other. Brakes and t-pro for example respectivly.

When you click on products there's no way you can get rid of the list that popps up, it just stays there if you clicked on it by mistake. And if you're moving the mouse about franticly the 3rd layer of the products menu will stay there without the 2nd being there. Also, capital letters on the product menus would probably look better. If you looking at a bike, you can't goto products, then click pro serise or parts, it just won't let you, however going from a part to a bike works fine.

I think the onza logo at the bottom right should be in line with the footer links. Would just look a bit nicer lower down.

'Click to Enlarge' should be a hyperlink as well as the + magnifing glass.

There's kind of a dodgy link over the onza logo and all along the bottom on all the 'bike' pages. Like the t-pro for example. Also, on all the bike pages, again t-pro for example, the 't-pro' title in funky letters are above all the menu links, i'm guessing it should be just below them as then the menu links will be in the same place on every page.

The 'to be updated' boxes in the riders info shouldn't be hyperlinks untill there's something there. Also in the team riders info, sponcers that don't have links should be in the same colour as those that do. I mistook them for headings because they were white and got all cuffuffled.

I know history isn't done, but there's four links on there that don't bring up and do anything. Same with the media button.

I've mentioned a couple of things like the dead links in history and the 'to be updated boxes', i know that they're there so they're ready to be updated, but to have a really perfect, clean site they shouldn't be acive untill they actually lead somewhere, otherwsie it has an unfinished feel (i know it is unfinished but you know what i mean :P)

But apart from all those little nitpicks it looks loads better than the old one, much easier to navigate too. Done an excellent job on it! (Y)

Had a look, it's a better than the Squegg one but it's still living in the past. It's not a slight at you or your ability Joe but you shouldn't just read what people put on here and alter it to keep them happy.

As has been said, you need to approach a reputable company who knows exactly what they're doing, what's up to date and what will stand the test of time. In the long run, it's WORTH spending thousands on a bespoke solution that will fit the Onza brand and allow you to update it when your product range changes, whilst still keeping it an attractive website. A decent company will be able to do that easily.

As has been shown by this Thread, your web presence represents is the WHOLE Onza brand and people expect quality otherwise you're going to get slated. Unless you address the real issue you're going to be back to square 1 and will have a site that becomes outdated very quickly and cannot represent Onza as well as it could.

I'd have to disagree with that. The old site was shit. I don't think anyone would disagree with me. However it saw Onza from where it was to where it is now. At the end of the day it's the products that are gonna sell onza, not the site. The site at present is good. It's nothing amazing or special, but it's far from 'bad' in any way shape or form. I personally can't see how it's dated, and i never really saw how the old one was too. I'm not saying a site isn't important, but i can't see a point in spending thousands designing a site when the guy who made this one can do a decent, perfectly acceptable one at no expence.

Besides it's the updates that make this kind of site what it is, so long as that's kept on top of it's all good.

I'd have to disagree with that. The old site was shit. I don't think anyone would disagree with me. However it saw Onza from where it was to where it is now. At the end of the day it's the products that are gonna sell onza, not the site. The site at present is good. It's nothing amazing or special, but it's far from 'bad' in any way shape or form. I personally can't see how it's dated, and i never really saw how the old one was too. I'm not saying a site isn't important, but i can't see a point in spending thousands designing a site when the guy who made this one can do a decent, perfectly acceptable one at no expence.

Besides it's the updates that make this kind of site what it is, so long as that's kept on top of it's all good.

Perhaps you're right. For everyone that uses this forum, seeing pictures and spec information of the very latest high end products in detail is what we care about. Team news, media and stuff like that is the most important.

You've gotta look at the bigger picture though. Onza seem to be putting a lot of effort into their range at the lower end of the market. What about parents buying bikes for their children or looking into something which might be a fairly new concept when a 12 year old says "I want a Trials bike." Are they going to be more taken in and more willing to buy for their kids from a brand which has a very poor website or an excellent one? (Not saying Onza is either of those.) Average isn't good enough in my eyes.

The site is better than the last new site that was done, but it's still lacking a lot.

It's just the design isn't very good, like;

The whole site just seems too dark,

Links are just boring with bits of yellow which don't look good,

The background images behind the description and the links are awful.

The logo that comes up at the top right when your on the bikes, doesn't look right.

I've found a problem with the links, when your on the bikes, and try and go on parts or pro series the links just don't work.

When you click on the rear mech, the site shifts to the left and the bottom links to the right.

When your on say the control parts page. When you click each product a new page comes up, I think just changing the picture and not the whole page would seem better. Theres also no descriptions on the controls page.

Overall, a lot better than onzas first and second site, but still has a poor design. If you look at your main competitors website: Koxx bikes, the design is a lot better and gives of a much better image. I personally think the quality of the website is very important, so you need to aim high even if it costs more just to get a good designer.

If mummy and daddy are looking for a bike for their son, one of the first places they're going to go to is your website. If the site is good enough, it's going to sell the products for you.

Joe; no disrespect intended here, but you should really have someone who builds websites for a living professionally doing this for you. This is not to say what you've done isn't good, it's beyond what I can do, but in no way shape or form does it show off Onza.

Just an idea. It will also save your time, and then you can blame stuff on others :)

To joe,

Its an improvement just looks a teeny bit scrappy, you’ve got to ask yourself the reason why you are building the new web page, well the answer is that you are re-launching the brand “Onza”, to make the brand bigger, better, user friendly and to make money to further invest in onza (last one most important in the economic situation). The old web page was to be frank useless. A web page should be a tool to make you more money. In a very competitive market image is everything and a web page represents your brand, if the page is technically weaker to other web pages people will form opinions. In a negative respect you could loose money if you don’t get this right, but gain money and a strengthen Onza as a brand if you get it right.

Its worth having a look at this bike manufactures webpage i think one of the best out there, i don’t think you would get any forum bashing with a web page like this. You may of herd of them they are cube, they are breaking into the English market after being very successful in Europe, many bikes in there range have simply sold out in the uk, im sure partly due to the clarity of there web page, and there range of bikes. >>>> Note there paint jobs they very nice!! ie, hints ;) for onza paint range!!!

Cube bikes

They got some very good features on there web page get some ideas, even use them

You have the chance to produce the best trials brand out there, don’t waist the very golden opportunity.

Must use the three C’s in internet marketing, Clean, Crisp, and Clear.

I do hope you readover, and take the time to think over what i have said and reflect on a positive angle.. as o do wish onza well.

Many thanks, wright back, whats your opinion???????

max

Erm.

I'm no website designer, but I'd say try to keep it simple. Come up with a small simple palette of colours (for example, that cube bikes site uses about 3 colors - yours has 6 or so main colors on the main page, then 'random' colours on other pages. Eg, the 'team onza' text I just happen to be looking at is in orange, the background is a gradient, the logo is yellow, the background of the content box is grey, the border is light grey and the links have a red border. Its a bit like you've just chosen random colors.. you should really choose the colours you want to use as one of the first things you do and think them through.

I'd suggest making the background a solid color (black), getting rid of the 'busy' flash header links (why are they flash?) and replacing with html, simple white text, black background, maybe a white border on hover. Ditch the orange and red, use the yellow of the logo sparingly.

Keep it simple..

What everyone tends to be saying is do it properly. And as has been said before, it would probably be best to pay a good company good money to make an excellent site. Onza products have come on leaps and bounds in the past few years but (and I don't mean this in a nasty way or picking on anyone in particular) seem to have a bit of a problem putting themselves across as a professional, successful business. A good website could make all the difference to improving the company profile to allow a global business to emerge rather than a primarily UK based one. Think about it and make the company (and of course the website, which is the primary public image of the company) match the products. Just my 2p.

Cheers guys, Max has done the perfect example of constructive criticism. Thanks. The Onza.com is a work in progress and will be forever i think. The "useful" tips given by some people have been taken on board and changes are already stating to show,

"contact details" are now on.

"capital letters on the bikes" are now on.

"Colour's are starting to match"

Just give it time and now and then drop your 2p worth in what you think should change.

As Jon said drop the flash, We have done to a certain degree.

Toms points have been taken on board too.

"Its still shitty & Childish" well that doesn't help anyone does it.

Thank you guys, If you think we need our arse kicking then let us know.

Cheers

Joe